AI driver bug, game crash

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sean McCormack, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Sean McCormack

Sean McCormack Registered

I only race offline with rfactor 2 for the time being and usually do endurance races. I have the AI driver essentially being my co-driver when I do these endurance races. When i came back into the pits after a double stint, I pulled into the pit box and waited 20 seconds or so till pressed the AI driver hot key, which obviously gives the car to the AI. When I did this for the second time in this specific race, the pit-stop hadn't finished yet and the AI took off out of the pit box; the rear of the car was still jacked up which was pretty funny to see lol, but seeing this happening I wanted control again so i pressed the hot key to get control of the car back to me. When I did that the game froze, the steering wheel pulled to the left, and I had to shut down rfactor 2 through the task manager... Sorry if this is really long but i wanted to give a detailed explanation since I find this issue really odd since I never had a problem doing this on rfactor 1. Also, I'd like to add I was using all official content besides the track, but i have had the same issue before on a official content track before this last occurrence. Anybody know what issue is happening here?

Bostrom likes this.
  2. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

yeah, never change to ai and back wile your are in pits. Drive yourself out of pits, and on the next straith let ai take over.

Sean McCormack and Bostrom like this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

switching using the AI button was not a great method for ISI sims like rF1 and GT2. I'm not sure how rF2 works, but check to see if you can use your arrows <= or => to change to a second driver.
    The AI key gives control to the computer without factoring in the rcd files. I guess you should verify if you do have an rcd file with 2 drivers names listed. I would be 100% sure if this was the previous versions I noted, but I'm not experienced enough with rF2 to verify

Sean McCormack likes this.
  4. Sean McCormack

Alright, I'll see what I can do with that, I've never tried that method tbh. Thank you!

5. Sean McCormack

Yeah, I figured that probably be the best compromise since it'll only take an extra minute. Thank you!