SOLVED Front brake disks don't glow on all the GT3 DLC (old&new) and GTE DLC cars

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Balazs Magyar, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Bug report: front brake disks don't glow on all GT3 (old&new) and GTE cars. I even checked youtube videos, and I didn't see them glowing.

Win10 Home, Intel i5-6500, Sapphire RX580 nitro+ limited edition 8GB, 16 GB RAM

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  2. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Screenshot

Attached Files:

3. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Can anyone confirm this?

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

gtr3.png

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

To verify the lack of front brake glow do a test with the following conditions. Crank the brake bias forward. Close the brake cooling ducts.
    As Ari has just shown, the Mclaren does show front brake glow. I'm guessing/assuming you have too much rear brake bias and too much cooling for the front brakes to reach the temps that show them as glowing.

6. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

That was an AI car (all of them are the same), but I'll check it out, thank you. (I'm relatively new to this sim, and have never alteted any setup.)

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Interestingly, At the just past Rolex 24hr of Daytona, there were several TV shots that showed some cars with hot front brakes and the car right behind them only had glowing rear brakes. so driver preference, in regard to brake bias settings, do impact brake temps.

8. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

OK, you all were right. The default brake bias looks normal, but with the brake ducts fully open, the brakes seem to be overcooled by default. If I close the ducts, the disks glow. The other DLC cars (Formula-e, LPM) and mod cars use equal temperatures on the rear and front wheels, so disks are evenly glowing on both "ends". Only GT3 and GTE cars use overcooled front brakes by default.
    Or, because the rear disks glow first on these cars, they seem to be different constructions than any other car (?)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019