OWS issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by lmp2, Feb 10, 2019.

1. lmp2

lmp2 Registered

I have suddenly got an insane vibration through my OSW wheel. It feels like something is being hypersensitive to the track surface (no vibration when stationary). I've tried adjusting settings in RF2 but this is not helping. My OSW is controlled by Granity. Has anyone else had this issue or heard of it? It's literally shaking the fixing nuts off the wheel.
    Thanks

2. Bozak

Bozak Registered

No problem, running 0.11.2 simucube firmware.

3. Supa

Supa Registered

Sooo, was it ok previously etc...and if so whats changed since??. Some background would help. Proper fix would be to get a Bodnar simsteering V2 AKM54

4. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

And if possible, the most expensive one

o_O

Ari Antero and lagg like this.
  5. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

We need more info to help you. Are you using SimuCube or other Firmware / Controller / MMos, etc.

6. lmp2

lmp2 Registered

Thanks Racenut. I had been using MMos, and now want to use Simucube but I cant get it to recognise the motor/electronics.
    However, let's assume for the moment I am using Mmos and Granity. The vibration is now happening out of game on both locks too.

7. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Any recent changes to the Granity settings? What encoder is on the motor? The lower resolution ones had more issues with motor-noise and some odd behaviors in certain cases.

You can ask Mika about it in the SimuCube forums too (Granite Devices). He is usually active and knows where to look for solutions.

8. lmp2

lmp2 Registered

They are trying, but we are not coming up with a solution. I bought the wheel from Sim-Plicity. They were good to begin with, but now there are week long delays for support. Not good.