[REL] Bridgehampton Race Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by LilSki, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Am I hearing right? It's a struggle to decode the US accent.
    Today's drivers would run that as a warm up before running a whole lap!

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Thanks a lot for this! Great track!

3. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

But he run that half a mile smoking :D

Seven Smiles likes this.
  4. elbo

elbo Registered

Great VR track...I wish Sebring could be this VR friendly.

Kelju_K, dazzer and Hazi like this.
  5. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Simply epic. What a masterpiece. Very well done. Thank you to all guys which were involved.
    Cheers

PieterN, bears and pkelly like this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well, Sebring is a modern advertised venue(the advertising is modern, not the track, lol ) It is fully lit, a massive infield with hundreds of RVs(Caravans). There is a-lot going on there. Bridgehampton, while a joy to drive, is out in the sandy region known as NOWHERE NY USA. Smaller layout, smaller infield, smaller pits, no lights, it really SHOULD perform better. I enjoy both immensely, but I'm not VR.
    I've got to try and reduce the front brakes locking up on the Chaparral at Bridge. Those modified Howstons/Lolas are a nervous nellies to slow down.

7. dazzer

dazzer Registered

an incredible job, I loved the AC version, having it now in RF2 is great! I think many agree that we expect to see more of their work soon, I repeat what I said, incredible work!, the best track of all RF2, for me better than the official content.
    :):):):):):):)

8. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Thank you so much for this track! I loved racing it in rF1.

Are there any plans to fix the AI issue above?

9. LilSki

LilSki Registered

I told Digga about it and he was not able to find any issue with the AIW lines.

10. DA-DIGGA

DA-DIGGA Registered

@MarcG, this is not an aiw problem of Bridgehampton, that is a general problem of rfactor 2. A bug in the ai code i think.
    You'll have the same problem on all other tracks.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would say "SOME" tracks. I've seen that clearly happen many times, but I've also experienced lots of correct AI driving around the pits or S/F line. But there are enough of them that it should be looked at. I guess ensuring the use S397 cars 1st in testing.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Umm no I don't sorry, all other tracks that I use and have tested are just fine in this regard, I've not seen this bug before, I only noticed it on this track :)

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sorry to derail the thread but what tracks exactly? Thanks :)

14. dazzer

dazzer Registered

appreciate what there is if the creators tell you that there is no problem with that do not insist.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That I could not say Marc, I've been wheel-less for a few weeks and can't go looking for troubles. I'm betting it's a combination of track AIW & mods with incorrect detection. I can say it's a problem that goes back to rF2/GTR2. Thrustmaster in Toronto is looking at my power-supply, when that gets back I'll start cataloging. That might make for it's own thread, have users report tracks with issues and provide stills or vid captures. Gotta start somewhere.

MarcG likes this.
  16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

@LilSki
    @DA-DIGGA

Hi guys, I believe I have found the root of the cause for the AI "slowing down when a car is exiting the pits" - That is both the FAST & BLOCK Paths are a little too close to the Pit Exit Path.

1) As you can see in the first screenshot the WHITE (FAST) Line curves to the left at Point 1, so before it the FAST Path is a bit more central than it needs to be.
    2) The GREEN (BLOCK) Path at Point 2 is even closer, this can be "delayed" until further down the track at Point 1 where it does move over to be a BLOCK.
    3) In the Second Picture I have placed a RED Line to (roughly) indicate where the FAST Path is ideally placed, this creates a straighter Path which is further over to the Left of the track and will help avoid the current issue. I did a very quick FAST Path with Pit Entry/Exit Path as a test and the AI showed no signs of slowing down in this area.

If you decide to investigate yourselves and perhaps release a new AIW then that's up to you, just so you're aware I'm in no way shape or form demanding a fix just bringing the issue to your attention :)

As ever your tracks are brilliant and I thank you very much for bringing them too us :)

GRAB_001.JPG GRAB_003.JPG

cantfindtheracingline likes this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well done Marc. I did pull my head out of my sorry bucket and realized I could observe an AI race. For control I used the both GT3 packs at Nola for 2hrs. There were several idiosyncrasies but nothing related to pit-in/pit-out behavior.
    If you want, we can go private or start another thread. Basically I saw pretty much what I expected, some muck ups on the formation lap, and 2 of 36 cars ran out of fuel at the very end. But other than that, being full S397 content it did not display the congestion slow downs around the pits.

18. DA-DIGGA

DA-DIGGA Registered

Not well done, and I donĀ“t want to discuss it here. Nola also has the problem, Mores, Silverstone and all other tracks. They are not the Paths. Park your car on Pitexit and the cars(KI) from the track will slow down.

dazzer and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  19. muzikant

muzikant Registered

It is just beautiful. Driving the Brabham 1975 in VR with so much detail!!
    The road... the trees..... and bushes the sand ..
    Sometimes the idea that I ride on Dijon but also the old Nurburgring from the GPL 67

My dream is the old nurburgring in this quality, Hope that @DA-DIGGA @LilSki can make it or S397

And I never stop driving ;)

Thx for
    Bridgehampton :)

20. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Thanks for this great track! Good performance, good visuals, addictive flow 10/10