AI Lap Times

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Highlandwalker, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I did a practice session with the GT3 cars around Kyalami with 30 AI cars and all AI cars were within .7 of a second. IT seems as if RF2 is not reading the whole of the RCD file for each car. So it seems as if there is a bug within RF2, a right pain in the ass because I do not race on line. Has any one else noticed this.

Bostrom likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I haven't verified this, but there is a small range for most values in the rcd file. exceeding the range of values will nullify the rcd. (at least it was that way with rF1 & rF1 based GTR2)

3. Bostrom

Bostrom Registered

I can set whatever I want in the RCD files (speed = 10 or 99, QualifySpeed = 10 or 99 ....). With 20 AI cars (same cars) all are in qualifying within one second and in the race they are equally fast.

It's as if the data is just ignored. :(

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  4. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Must be down to the track. Works fine at all other tracks. If i remenber correctly, back in de rf1 days, you could set the ai spread in the teacj file. So if you set that high, the slowest cars would really go slow and the fast ones would go very fast. Matbe the setting on this track ore set to zero

5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Is it working fine in other tracks?
    Kyalami is not a very long track so I'd suspect times will be closer together than in longer tracks, of course also dependent on the range of values you're using.
    I haven't raced Kyalami specifically but I've been using talent for a while with all the GT3 cars (except the Radical) and it's working fine for me.
    As a side note, just for anyone who isn't aware of this, using "Classes=" line in the rcd file will ignore talent values.

Bostrom likes this.
  6. Bostrom

Bostrom Registered

I can confirm this.

But of course that's great crap, because you can not put together your own championships, see IMSA 2019.