Porche 991 purchased, subscribed but not working

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Matthew Woollett, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Matthew Woollett

Matthew Woollett Registered

Hi guys,

Apologise I imagine this has already been discussed but I can't find an exact resolution which works for me so trying here. I recently purchased the endurance pack. I specifically want to be racing the porche however it seems to be the only car not showing up in game. I have done all the usual stuff, I unsubscribed to everything and started again but still the same. What I did notice was when I unsubscribed from the porche, closed the game, and opened the game, it would detect that it would want to download and install a purchase which is started. It would then fail because the "Oreca" was already installed. This seemed a bit strange as it was only the porche I unsubscribed. Could it be the linkage of the workshop items are not working as they should? Any ideas guys please?

2. DanielK

DanielK Registered

If it complains about things already being installed then something must be wrong, try unsubscribing to ALL the cars in the endurance pack, restart rf2, double check in the package manager that they are all uninstalled (search for each car), then resubscribe and restart rf2.

3. Horrace L Foster

Horrace L Foster Registered

Ok mine is the opposite, I bought the challenger gt3 pack, but it is not showing as being subscribed, but the game tries to install it and then I get that they all need some base mod to install.

4. BullGod

BullGod Registered

Purchased the Endurance pack today, and I am experiencing the same issue with the Porsche 991 as well. I spent many hours today attempting to resolve it (over 5hrs ), but was ultimately unsuccessful. I followed each resolution guide carefully and patiently, as well as disabled in Steam collection (even one at a time), ran the rf2 client, exited, restarted the machine just for good measure, and then re-enabled from Steam, RF2 client updated and sync'ed, and I have the same lingering issue.

The other content sorta works for me, but I experience the GMotor2 slew of errors on some .mas and .anm files which keeps the sim from loading completely when attempting to use more than one type of car. ( I may explore increasing any memory use lines in some config files eventually)

I have also deleted the rf2 install folder completely, including an .rfactor folder I found in the user\appdata\ folder (unrelated, but I deleted anyway). Reloaded fresh from Steam, and then removed it again, un-subscribed from ALL non isi or s397 content, and still have both errors on a clean non-mod install.

The only thing I have not done yet, is head in to the registry, and that is for tomorrow.

If anyone has any new suggestions or has additional information, please share. I WANT Rf2 to be my #1 sim because it deserves it.

When I got the Ligier and Oreca to work, BEST SIM EVER. The Endurance pack is fantastic, and RF2 has great AI, stunning lighting effects, great custom weather options, as well as the best day/night transitions.

-BullGod

5. BullGod

BullGod Registered

Following-up:
    I was able to get everything working as expected. No more GMotor errors, no more wiper.anm issues, no more issues with downloading the new (purchased) content. I removed everything related to RF2, everything. Deleted the Steam DL cache, the RF2 folder in Steam, as well as all data related to the app ID 365960
    -----------------
    As another post read:
    Uninstall rF2 through Steam.
    Go to where your Steam is installed, open the Steam folder and a search: 365960 (Important in my experience)
    Delete everything it finds, (The above references: ~\Steam\steamapps\shadercache\365960) - i deleted this folder as well.
    Delete ~\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2
    You could also go to your Steam settings and clear the download cache
    ------------------
    Doing the above, as well as re-downloading, and running the Sim so it updates my chosen content, then running it successfully. Once I was able to add multipul cars and classes to a session without any errors, I then restored my UserSettings from a backup, and ALL IS WELL!

For the first time, in a long time, I am able to run RF2 in all of its glory and bliss!!!
    -BullGod