Bentley Speed 8 & Audi R8 lmp1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by MiguelVallejo, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Guys... What we can assess from this, is that it is quite a sought after pair of cars...

If you remember, ISI actually had the rights/license for the Speed 8... They probably still do... But it couldn't be surveyed well enough so they dumped it... If this is ISI and Tim was up against, imagine what it's like to guess all this for simple, mortal modders... It's not easy... But me and a girl friend here in the community has done our bit to try and accomplish this the best way we could. I "found" some 3D models and sounds... And I helped her "survey" and find all the data we could possibly find and she sat down and made the best sets of physics we could possibly mash together, multiple engines, weights as the ACO slowed it down, aero figures, boost, mixture - all the whistles and bells...

I made a tonne of skins for the R8, even converted a high-downforce rendition of the 3D from another very succesful console title, simply because... R8 LMP! I could show you all sorts of screens, record videos... But what good would it be if you wouldn't be able to get it? The cars are illegitimate and they'll probably stay like that until some friendly, capable soul starts making a scratch made 3D model and teams up with us. I've asked another member of the community here if he would share some 3D with us, but the reply wasn't overly positive.

To be frank, very, very few has tested and raced these cars, people we know and trust and we will probably keep it that way.

We don't have a community anymore where people just share what they've made or modded... It's looked down upon I guess... There were several back in the rF1 days... F1-classic for example... They don't exist for rF2... It is what it is... Keep it up my fellow endurance fanatics!

Corti, Foresight, rubennaatje and 8 others like this.
  2. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

@Bjørn understand and thanks for the reply.

I was wishing hopeing fantasizing maybe they were real lol

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I hope eventually your cars will see the light of day. They look great! I would love to drive them. I know there is a stigma of converted cars and that is cracked down here and a few other bigger sites. But there is enough outlets to be able to release and have people enjoy some great content. Content that rF2 needs.

Corti, Hazi and VirusGR42 like this.
  4. filippu

filippu Registered

They had a lot of licences. How many releases, maybe 10% ? So you say all the failures are down to surveying ?

It's difficult to make mods when you can't model, for sure. Ripping is easier.

The rant is because some mean person didn't want to give you the toy you want ? Why would anyone want to share anything with someone being publicly fine with stealing ?

They all went to AC. You should have a look there, plenty of things to rip. But yes, F1 Classic was great. Forza cars with poor physics.

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The Speed 8 was ditched for the Continental GT3, wich actually makes alot more sense if you look at the content allignment in rF2. Maybe we will see an R8 and a Speed 8 in the future who knows, but to get angry about people doing their private conversions is a bit silly. I also don't share the view that you will only find good and legal mods in AC, while rF2 is a rip fest. Every moddable sim is flooded with non authorized content. Bu that is a completely different topic. If you can point me to unreleased lisenced content besides the classic Indy stuff, I would share your view, but all in all we got quite alot of content for the sim. Don't get me wrong, I would take the Reynard, the March 86C or the Eagle any day over those electric machines, but to say that they only released 10% is factual nonesense.

6. filippu

filippu Registered

2003 Bentley Speed 8
    Toleman TG184
    Mercedes Benz 300 SLR
    Mercedes Benz W196
    Reynard 95i
    March 86C
    Eagle Mk4
    Cooper T54
    Watson Roadster
    Eagle Mk1
    Corvette DP

That's a list of the announced cars (and it might not be complete) that clearly were never released. While 10% was a random number a bit optimistic, it's a pathetic excuse to say
    And I didn't say that AC was full of legal mods and not rF2. Quite the opposite in fact, a lot of the modders, and the rippers (including those of F1 Classic) went to AC.

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Oh, so I was ranting... Gotcha dawg...

Whatever floats your boat man... Do it and stick with it. I'll do the same.
    I could also release shady stuff and charge for it. Then I'd be the lowest of the modding amoeba - something that you see big time in AC...

Oh, and I have my toy... You don't - not yet at least.

That was not a rant, that was a reach-out and a clearing up of things, thank you very much.

Hocician and rubennaatje like this.
  8. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

One of the reasons I run rF1 a lot more than rF2: tons and tons of models available, both cars and tracks. Poor physics you say? A well-modeled rF1 car handles as well or better than an rF2 car modeled with inaccurate info. Low poly 3D models? Unlike the console players, I drive from cockpit view and look at the road 90% of the time, so as long as the track is well-made and the modelers knows how to map their creation, the driving experience is totally fine. Very few mods compel me to run rF2 these days, and if it matters I can pick just about any car I like to drive in rF1, on any track. rF2 is so unfriendly to mod and package that it puts off a lot of otherwise productive modders - which leads to a shortage of content. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

9. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

Those of us who do not have the slightest idea of making mods, the best we can do is to thank and support the incredible work that some guys do here, in an altruistic way, for the simple reason of sharing this hobby.
    It gives a bit of pity not to be able to enjoy some models that if we have had in other past days, for that reason rf1 will continue long time in our computers ...

GT_ONE likes this.
  10. filippu

filippu Registered

That's very mature of you. I'm sure all the people that can model cars (contrary to you) will run towards you to collaborate.

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I wish...

12. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Can you pm me the link too please

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Wow......ripping?
    So, making a car (physics and all) and borrowing a model to test it on track for OWN use until a model is available, is ripping?

And "publicly fine with stealing"?
    Where did he steal and where did he say he's fine with that?

Anyway; Bjorn works wonders for the community. What have you accomplished?

Hocician and Bjørn like this.
  14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

There are many sites where you can share stuff, EEC for example all you need is to give credit, anything can be posted there.
    I think the rF2 part is available only for members with permission but if people here want to post stuff there I'll ask the admin to make it like the GTR2 public part that you can see when you go to the site.
    The Speed 8 license was traded for the GT3 car btw. This was said some time ago.

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Can you get me in touch with @p4tri0
    Thanks man... How are you doin'? I tagged you in the 1986-topic - I bet you saw it... One could hope ;)

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

For what? Patriot has left simracing for some time already, 2 years or more

17. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Just talk... But if he's gone, nevermind

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

There is another admin in the forum now if you need the rF2 part to be fully public just tell me and I'll send him a message. But Patriot left simracing for... Farming Simulator LOL not kidding :D

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  19. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

+1 Bjorn if you are still PM'ing

20. Turbolagg88

Turbolagg88 Registered

+2 Bjorn if you are still PM'ing