How to add only cars from a specific series??

Discussion in 'Modding' started by CH3NO2, Jan 10, 2019.

1. CH3NO2

CH3NO2 Registered

I hope I can explain this so myself or no one else is confused. Trying to figure out the simplest way to add certain cars to each race. In other words if I chose one of the GTE team Corvettes or GTE BMW M8's, how do I get only the ones from a certain series instead of all of them. Can I edit the other cars .veh files and remove their names from the Classes line, or is there a simpler or more efficient way to get only the cars I want?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Easiest way is to select the desired cars in the opponents filter and set AI opponents = 0.
    Start the session and once in the garage, click on "Add AI" to add manually just the specific cars you want

CH3NO2 likes this.
  3. CH3NO2

CH3NO2 Registered

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try. I have booted and added AI but don't recall being able to add specific cars or drivers. I'll give this another look. Thanks again.

4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Sorry, I'm not at my gaming PC atm. I should've mentioned you need to click the drop down arrow next to "Add AI" so you can actually see the list of cars and choose the ones you want.
    By just clicking Add AI it probably does just add a random car as you said.

CH3NO2 likes this.
  5. CH3NO2

CH3NO2 Registered

Thank you. Yep I saw the drop down arrow when I went into the garage. Had to go back and forth a couple times till I figured out the whole adding opponents in the filter but was finally able to figure it out. I'll just have to make a list to make the process faster.
    Thank you!

fsuarez79 likes this.
  6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Depending on the cars you are looking to add, there may be another way.

For me, when I add a custom car, in the .rcd file, I add a "Classes=" line. In that line, you can add a class, and that class is what shows up in the "opponents filter" list. So here is an example of a car I painted and added:
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/corvette-racing-2016-imsa-and-le-mans.22755/

In the .rcd, I added "Classes= EnduSeries, GTE, GTE_Corvette_C7.R, ES_16LM". So for this car, as it is painted on the S397 Corvette, it will race with the other cars from the Endurance Series mod that have the class as "ES_16LM". I take thinks a step further by adding the "Category=" line so that it will appear in the car selection list that way as well.

I hope that makes sense for you

7. biancazzurro

biancazzurro Registered

Great, thank you, but is it possible to do it with an existing car?

8. Chris Lesperance

What I did was create a "Virtual Rides" version of the existing skin and then put in the class info into that .rcd

9. biancazzurro

biancazzurro Registered

Sorry Chris I am a noob how do you create the virtual rides version of the skin? please explain the whole procedure

10. CH3NO2

CH3NO2 Registered

Thanks Chris.
    This is kinda what I was thinking that there was a way of adding classes. I think part of my problem is not seeing an .rcd file for every car. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I have noticed the classes in the Endu mod and the GT3 World Series mod. That is what I wanted to setup.I will go through the files again. Your instructions are very clear and I thank you. Just have to see if I'm smart enough to follow them.
    Thank you again!

11. Chris Lesperance

CH3NO2 and biancazzurro like this.
  12. CH3NO2

CH3NO2 Registered

I gotcha!! Just got my VR set up. I'll get started learning this. Used to fool with this stuff all the time back in the Papyrus Nascar days. Bout forgot how to do any of this stuff. Old age for ya! LOL. Thank you again for the advice!

13. Chris Lesperance

No problem. I know it isn't ideal as just a drag and drop. But it works for me, and it allows me to add in cars how I like it.

14. Mauro

Mauro Registered

A question about Class and Category attribute.
    As i saw, in car selection list categories are listed by alphabetic order like this
    [​IMG]

Is it possible to show cars list in reverse order (Z to A) or in a custom order?
    Example I like to have this order:
    P3
    P2
    GTE
    GTC

P. S. I not consider putting an "a" and "b" etc in front of the class

15. Chris Lesperance

With the way the UI works, no it is not possible. It is A-Z then a-z. The lower case letters will be behind the upper case. That is why you see with tracks, if it is lower case, it is at the bottom of the list.

Mauro likes this.