SOLVED Dedicated server crashes after last GT3 pack update

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Clemenca, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Since today my dedicated server always crashes when i want to start.
    [​IMG]
    I downloaded via steamcmd again the dedicated server files, but still it always crashes, before the updates it runs without any problem

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  2. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel Registered

I am also experiencing this problem - after initially installing the updated cars and starting the server it worked fine, but once I had installed the update for the dedicated server as well the crashes started to occur. I have reported the issue directly to Marcel, and the team is currently investigating. It sounds as though there may also be client side issues related to the update and latest version of the GT3 cars.

3. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

I just let run steamcmd to download again the dedicated server files, becaus Chris wrote in a other post we should update the serverfiles..
    Now i cant even start the dedicated server, it crashes when i try to select the cars...

Attached Files:

4. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Now i took the updated files directly from Steamclient in rf2 folder and replaced the files from steamcmd (Bin64 folder and core folder) and now the server works again

5. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel Registered

Hmmm, that's rather strange... this is not something that I needed to do. o_O My servers started working immediately after installing the update.

I have taken a look at the log file that you attached to your previous post, however this only indicates that an error occurred with the JRE when running the 'rFactor2 Dedicated.exe' application; based on the messages my guess is that the issue occurred when the server tried to retrieve your profile, but I do not know how this would be related to the Bin64 and Core directories. Did you make changes to any of the files in these directories? And are you using the same plugins on the server and your client?

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you manage to resolve the issue. :)

Clemenca likes this.
  6. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Yes it was strange to get a completely different error (JRE) after i changed to the steamcmd files. I have changed nothing on my dedicated server since many weeks...then i looked at the new files coming with steamclient update today, i saw that the dedicated server.exe has changed size in comparison to the files coming from steamcmd , so i took the changed files from bin64 folder and the core folder...
    i only runing welcome, steam and trackir plugin on the server. The client is on a completely other pc, the servers stands at a friends company serverroom with 150mbit connection...