Released NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I'm the only one who think the Porsche is way off the pace? It understeer as crazy on throttle, when you tweak this behaviour it becomes dangerously oversteery in fast corners when tires are worn, that means a really high rear wing is needed, and then the understeer come back + slow top speed. Is an infinite loophole of twekings. Of course i'm talking about multiplayer in a competitive environment, from 1h sprint races to endurance. Maybe the Porsche is really not for me, but i'd like to know other thoughts.
    I drove the Callaway & Bentley in some past championships, and this Porsche seems to be a lower class car to me.

2. Dralexandor

Dralexandor Registered

Guys..... I´m the one who feels like "smoothed" a lot of cars from GT3/Challengers and Endurance pack?
    Only the Mercedes, Bentley and RSR feels "fruiting" great, but the rest, complety flat less when are turning.

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Porsche and Audi seem really witchy, the AM and Macca are more my thing.

muzikant likes this.
  4. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

I don't like that FFB of all cars an think, it can be fixed with caster settings.
    Real car so or so it don't feel good I miss the rear axle.

Hope the caster setting comes to that pack.

5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Sorry but anyone who says the merc ffb is the best, hasn't ever driven a real car let alone a track race prepped car.

6. Filip

Filip Registered

Liking or not liking ffb isn't neccessarely related to how accurately is feel of real wheel replicated. I bet 99% of simracers want sound as close to real car sound. Same with graphics. But when it comes to ffb opinions differ: some want it as close to real wheel and some want it informative offering details that maybe couldn't be felt through the real wheel but help a player in understanding of what a car is doing thus compensating for lack of g-forces, chassis vibration etc.
    So any cars ffb in a sim as long as it offers clues of car behaviour can be appreciated. It depends on hardware and personal taste.
    My logitech wheel isn't capable of replicating racecar
    wheel behaviour anyway so I take informative approach anytime.
    Give me VR with DD wheel and full motion rig and I am willing to reconsider my stance about the matter.

Korva7 and EsxPaul like this.
  7. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

We don't feel in our ass what the car doing, so we have to get it over another channels. That are the FFB and if the caster are higher, you get more from the rear axle. And the caster of this cars (and from the URD) are very low, so the force goes fast down to 0 when the car are under steering. And I am sure the real cars has a setting for caster, but not in rFactor2. Why?
    A simple option that make us the life easier.
    I only drive the cars of the endurance pack, because they don't have this issue. Test it, take the vette from it and the a car from the GT3 pack. After that test you know what I mean.

Best wishes from Germany, Manuel

8. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The GTE Corvette has more loss of steering torque at understeer than the GT3 Corvette. So i don´t know what you mean in this case.

9. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  10. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Hmmmm, ok.
    I've been driving cars for 26 years, I was driving cars with mechanical steering before half of you guys were born so most don't even know what that is, and been racing 100cc and 125cc karts on and off since 1989.
    Love the Merc FFB.
    Nothing wrong with it for me.

Daytona 675 and ayrtonforever like this.
  11. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Well I've been driving real cars for over 41 years :p:D but, I'm a big supporter of more details in FFB. Absolute realism in simulation is not a realistic goal but, high levels of immersion are imo. I like the dev's to provide as much detail as possible and let the player decide what they want. Creating FFB-detail where there is none available from the simulation is problematic but, tuning out detail is generally quite easy to achieve with most FFB wheels.

Kickbox and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Ha we must be the same age. But i have to disagree don't care how much detail the merc has its awful

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  13. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I agree that the under-steer grip fall-off is a bit much with the Merc but, it's something I can adapt to in time. If we have access to castor-settings, we may be able to reduce that aspect.

Kickbox likes this.
  14. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Latest GT3 Challengers Pack Updates!
    Aston Martin Vantage GT3
    v1.31
    • Added new teams and liveries.
    • Added templates fully set up for the new material editor
    Audi R8LMS GT3
    v1.21
    BMW M6 GT3
    v1.15
    McLaren 720s GT3
    v1.27
    Porsche 911 GT3R
    v1.23

Alex72, pkelly, BlkJello and 13 others like this.
  15. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

16. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Loving the skins, it's great to see some real-world liveries :cool:

17. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Just had a quick look at the painting guide....this is the end of my skinning cars.
    As if rF2 isn't enough of a pain in the ass you have to make it more complicated
    Noob friendly it isn't.

Thanks for the update

Edit: Now my server which has the GT3's & Endurance cars crashes on start up.
    Just tried with just the 2 GT3 packs and it also crashes.
    Edit: Server working again.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    McFlex likes this.
  18. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

It would also reach an effect that rates the caster higher, then you could leave the settings of the real vehicle original.

19. gluon

gluon Registered

I bought the GT3 Challengers Pack today and have been having a blast racing these cars. This is hands down the best GT simulation experience I've ever had in my life. The physics and FFB are the closest to reality I've ever experienced and the graphics look stunning. The cockpits are very realistic.

All cars feel different to drive, each with their own characteristics, adding to the realism of this pack. The Porsche 911 GT3 R has been one of my all time favourites through the years, but after trying the Audi R8 LMS GT3, the McLaren 720s GT3 and the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 I fell in love with all three of them. I'm a huge fan of GT3 and rF2's AI, the best in the world, so naturally playing against it with all these cars is the best I could hope for.

Thank you for creating this amazing content that I happily paid for. I'll be spending countless hours driving this pack. :)

bluet, RaceNut, Alex72 and 10 others like this.
  20. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

I had planned on sticking with Audi, but the Aston has been very good to me.
    I can run consistent 2:07s at Bathurst with minimal tuning.

Speaking of Bathurst, thanks @Marcel Offermans for racing with us this weekend it was a lot of fun!
    He is quick gentlemen, was running low 2:06s I couldn't keep up!

gluon likes this.