Very slow start?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by alex salazar, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Supa

Supa Registered

It's just normal and ssd does nothing to speed things up. As said above its all about how much content you have added to original install which soon grows very large indeed after youve joined a few servers to race. Dont bother uninstalling anything as you will then not be able to join certain servers to race again. If you want to free up space there is a way to move your workshop folder

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

3. alex salazar

alex salazar Registered

after reading such a good info from you i will move to an ssd drive BUT PLEASE ANYONE ANSWER TO ME, can i move only the folder packages to the new SSD drive , leaving the entire game on hard drive, ? looks like its posible because when rf2 launcher is open at the botton of it ( on packages option) it apears the name of the drive where packages are installed and you can add ( + ) other drive location, it is like i say ?? thx

4. alex salazar

alex salazar Registered

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Here is the video that shows what happens here.
    It's a fresh devmode with only the original content.
    The video shows the first and the second start of the devmode, after the pc was booted.
    The second and all folloeing starts are quick as it always was a few months ago.
    As said, it's only the first time that it needs so long to load, when i start the devmode or single player, after the pc was off.
    Watch the video to the end, the black screen lasts around 75 seconds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/60ermus6y92z8m2/slow_rf2_start.mkv?dl=1

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  6. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Registered

It's from the moment I hit 'Play' on Steam app to the moment everything synchronizes with the Steam workshop.

I don't have as much content as some people, but from the top of my head: all ISI/S397 stock content + Sebring, both Endurance and Challenger + GT3 Pack DLCs, GT3 World Series by Simtek, Apex GT3, ASRFormula '91 mod, several tracks and cars from the workshop. Overall it shows 84 mods from Steam Workshop and then add manually installed tracks (such as LeMans and Nordschleife for instance - I mention them among others because they are bigger in size) that won't show in workshop subscribed items. It's less than a 100 mods total, so compared to the OP it's really low, but far from no mods at all. If it takes you 15 seconds I assume you must have way more mods than I do.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I have to correct my post.
    After the last updates, the single player again loads as fast as it ever did.
    It's only the devmode that still needs around 75 seconds to load from pressing the devmode button in the launcher, until the menu shows up, the first time it gets started.
    Then it also loads within a few seconds, until you restart the pc and again load it for the first time.
    It maybe is caused by something that gets extracted and written to the hdd or memory, each time you start the devmode the first time.
    Or is it just me where it happens?