Your favorite GT mod?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by lokidan, Nov 13, 2016.

?

Favorite GT mod

1. Apex GT

26.5%
  2. URD EGT

29.2%
  3. Enduracers Endurance mod

21.1%
  4. Simtek Gt world series

23.2%
  1. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

The Camaro seems to be outdated, totally different beasts in the Studio397 GT3.

2. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

That I can agree. All GT3 have better traction. Even similar C6R GT2 is much easier to handle.

3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

After latest Apex update, the cars have more grip and are generally easier to handle. Still they very "bouncy"and less stable at the limit. Other GT3 cars i.e. from Simtek, S397 Power Pack or even AC seem to have much more stiffer suspension and are more planted. Simtek and especially official S397 cars are stable and easy to handle in general ( I think S397 are even too easy). So S397 cars and Apex are on the opposite end of spectrum in therms of handling difficulty. The former are much more forgiving, are more predictable and easy to recover from oversteer.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Have to ask.
    Why isn't the S397 cars in the poll.
    It's still a add-on mod in anyone's language.

5. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Because the poll is 2 years old :)

avenger82 likes this.
  6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Is it really! Haha.... My bad.
    Didn't even look at that. Just saw the new posts.

Guess it needs a update then hey. Haha..

7. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Yeah, never mind, time for an update ;)

URD I have never raced must make this clear.
    I recently watched on YouTube in total awe as the URD GTEs went through the corners of LeMans with a supposedly low downforce setup at speeds of formula cars, I was not impressed so to speak.

The other 3 are free mods and I appreciate being offered other people's free work so I cannot be critical about them.
    One thing they all have in common is that they have all be "discontinued".

Simtek have pulled out, seemingly bitter about their treatment by the community.
    APEX has or is just about to receive it's latest update and they are moving on to other things.
    Enduracers have made it clear no more physics updates will be coming and they will be concentrating on other projests as well.

Simtek I have been impressed by how solid a package it is with no flaws I could find.
    One may or may not like the overall feel of the cars, I do like them personally, but as a package there's surprising very little wrong with it.

APEX was plagued by a number of niggling problems, some of which have never been resolved (certain cars catching on certain curbs of certain tracks for example), still a solid mod.

Enduracers, extremely well polished with lots of content, offering people multiclass endurance racing for free, let down by physics but the cars still lots of fun to drive.
    Personal preference in the end is what comes into it.

8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Apex Modding impressed me a lot with the V1.0 of their mod GT3 :

Physics, sounds, graphics are of a high level.

But my absolute reference in terms of GT3 remains the GT3 S397, as almost always (I mean official mod).

bravotangosix likes this.
  9. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

Compared to the official GT3 DLC I have to say I tend the most to the Apex GT Mod. Very close to the Enduracers Endurace Mod. Both have, I think, a very good driving physics and a good sound.

10. racedriver

racedriver Registered

I find the GT3 S397 Mod very good in physiks and driveability. Also the topspeed with around 270 km/h in the default setup seems to be realistic.