BOP - Managing Balance of Performance

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by daltontr, Jan 23, 2019.

1. daltontr

daltontr Registered

I think I already know the answer to this question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Is it possible to control the Balance of Performance between to models, if the .hdv files are not accessible (encrypted)?

I want to combine the Studio397 Norma and Enduracers P3 Ligier into the same class. Why? Because they coexist in the IMSA Prototype Challenge series. The Norma is a great car and with the AI running at 100-104% their lap times are surprisingly realistic. However, the Enduracers P3 is simply too fast. Reducing the Ligier AI by -10% usually gets them back in line from a pure lap time perspective, but with a human at the wheel, the Ligier is far too quick and the lap times are completely unrealistic.

Sure, I could boost the Norma AI by +10%, but I'd really like to do is slow the Ligier down a bit. Obviously, that is easily accomplished by reducing a smidgen of downforce, maybe a slight reduction in power and a little added weight. Easy...except the .hdv files are encrypted.

There has got to be way to do this...right?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Only way would be weight penalties I guess.

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

PM'ed you...

4. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

Hey Bjorn I had the same question as OP. If you could help me out I'd really appreciate it

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Give me two...

6. daltontr

daltontr Registered

Is there a way to accomplish that without decrypting either the .hdv or upgrades files?

7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

/setmass <mass> <name>
    Don't know if it works in single player.

8. daltontr

daltontr Registered

Oh yes, I know what you talking about now! I completely forgot about the chat command line functions. If I remember correctly, you can even run a batch file with all the names and weight penalties. This might only work on a dedicated server though, but it's an interesting idea. I'll have to check this out later.

9. daltontr

daltontr Registered

It doesn't work in single player, but I got excited, because it gave me the idea of creating a mod and running a LAN server.

That would have worked brilliantly, because I would have been able to run a batch file to add weight to the AI, but you can't include Virtual Drivers when creating a mod...so stymied yet again.

There is another way (Thanks Bjorn), but at this point, I'm so tired of stepping on land mines, I'm kinda over it.

10. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

I think its time for a new IMSA Series Mod. Just wish I had the ambition to make one.