FFB for hard breaking and bumps too high

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Shadowboricua, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Shadowboricua

Shadowboricua Registered

Is there a way to reduce the FFB effects of curbs, bumps, and hard braking without affecting the steering wheel FFB? I love the FFB effects from driving the car, but the curbs are too loud.

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Tell us about your wheel and the preset you use and then we can make some suggestions because it sounds like you may not be using the correct preset with proper baseline settings.

3. Shadowboricua

Shadowboricua Registered

I have the Fanatec CSW 2.5

Sen: Auto
    FFB: 100
    SHO: 100
    ABS: Off
    Dri: OFF
    FOR: 100
    SPR: 0
    DPR: Off
    FEI:100
    MPS: Const

These settings have been great in general for all games. And the tyre FFB on rFactor 2 feels great. Just the bumps are so hard, shakes my whole house.

In-game, car-specific FFB (depends on the car)

FFB smoothing at 0
    Minimin torque force 0.5%

4. Uff

Uff Registered

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is decrease FEI (I wouldn't go lower than 70) or increase FFB smoothing.
    I own a CSL-E and the problem is very evident. Last week I was doing some tests with the FOR setting. I found out that setting it to 50 brought the FFB response to be almost linear, even if you would lose quite a lot of force. This improved the rattling problem a lot.
    Being the CSW more powerful you might try to decrese that value a bit too.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  5. Shadowboricua

Shadowboricua Registered

There has to be another way...

6. Uff

Uff Registered

Unfortunately, the only way I found to solve this is... to change base. I had the chance to try the Thrustmaster TS-XW and that base was indeed very silent compared to the CSL-E.
    It seems that the two companies have a different approach to FFB effects, with Fanatec being more direct and Thrustmaster being somehow softer, probably also because of the way the two bases are built.
    Anyway, we've always been told that kerbs effect are physic driven, even if I alwyas had some doubt about that: I often get the same extreme rattling both with a formula car and with a GT one. Considering that the game offers the chance to know what surface you're currently one using its internal API, it would be nice if there was a way to reduce those effects when the car is on something different than tarmac.