Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Louis

Louis Registered

Thanks for saving my time lol
    Cheers

bwana likes this.
  2. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

I dunno about subpar physics and ffb. The update brings a tack and car. Not much else. Graphics ironically are the weak spot. The UE4 engine is a blurry mess, especially in VR.

Physics seem solid to me. Sounds are next level and FFB is somewhere in the middle for me. I don’t hate it. But I’m not super excited about it either.

F1Aussie likes this.
  3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Yeah, I mean I don't hate the physics or FFB either but just don't like 'em as much as in rF2. I like the graphics but I'm on a single monitor.
    The game killer for me atm is the AI. Considering the small amount of tracks they'll release, I would've expected them to do a better job and I don't expect it to get much better after full release but hope I'm wrong

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@tlsmikey kunos tried to give us a realistic thing but so far is a weird thing
    not solid at all and really wierd kind of handling
    why acc dont attract me to go and play?
    i cannot explain
    on the opposite i play onnline assetto corsa every day for nearly 2 hours and always is huge fun
    Tatuus and Lotus exo are my favorites
    no desire to play competizione
    why

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@fsuarez79 i recently added a second monitor is like racing reborn.
    huge game changer to the immersion
    i feel like i finnaly race

fsuarez79 likes this.
  6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Haha that's cool!!
    Maybe someday I'll consider it. A second (or third) monitor will have an impact in my wallet as I'll have to modify and invest in my setup, the extra monitors and not knowing what extra impact I'll have in performance. I did a pedal/wheel upgrade this year and I honestly can't complain atm.
    Enjoy your setup!!

mesfigas likes this.
  7. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

@mesfigas. I know what you’re saying. The ffb is a bit strange. I think I know what they’re trying to do which is to provide a more realistic ffb model but I’m not sure this is it.

I used to love AC when I had aT500. Now with a DD wheel I spend more time in iRacing, RRE and rF2. I like all of those tire models more than ACC at the moment.

mesfigas likes this.
  8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I could run triple 60hz 1080p on my GTX980. Although not without lag in rain and night. Daytime is fine. Of course coupled with my CPU. With the RTX2070 8GB i can run all weathers/day/night on ultra setting. Well, i have post processing set to medium as i noticed some stutter here and there (not much, but when watching some replays in some areas/tracks). I just want sim racing 100% fluid at all times. The RTX blew a small hole in my wallet but after having suffered a little bit i am now very happy with it. Every single game maxed and even with DSR (upping resolution above native) and still fluid in everything i tested so far.

fsuarez79, mr.Sw1tchblade and kimbo like this.
  9. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I look forward to trying each new car and track but soon lose interest in driving them. Tracks look nice and the details in the cars are really good but the game isn't drawing my interest like I hoped it would.
    Since the first release I've only done 10 hours of driving and most of that was testing the cars at Hungaroring which for me is a track I like.
    I tried to join my own server and couldn't because the rating system (I think). I hate rating systems no good for old part time drivers like me.

Pleased I bought it at the early price & live in hope it improves but I wouldn't recommend this title for the now price of €44.99

fsuarez79 likes this.
  10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i bought acc on day 1 and i have 13 hours total
    i suggest always do at least 2 laps before push tires

11. Louis

Louis Registered

Only played 4 hours but i think it was/is a good deal

Attached Files:

• tm.png
      tm.png
      File size:
      57.6 KB
      Views:
  12. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

(at 4:00) Even Billy Strange refused to buy into the hype

13. Louis

Louis Registered

Playied for 10 minutes yesterday and i must have some vídeo config wrong. When doing slow turns, side monitor seems to have faster image than center. Cannot explain properly but its weird

14. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Spent about 100 hours in acc. It will be my main gt3 sim for sure. No blur at all at 2k monitor. Rtx 2080. Ai well its wotking. Cant say it about rf2. I cant laugh at aitborne and suicide tendencies of ai anymore. And well, even in 0.1 car model in acc was finished. So rf2 for openwheelers. Other sims for other cars.

Some words from Kunos about ffb:

We are very, VERY rigorous on the FFB. We don't add fake effects just to make you happy. We reproduce the forces created by the tyres and then leveraged by the suspension geometry. That's it.

15. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Regarding GT3.

I do not make any negative judgment but I do not understand the interest of using ACC :

rF2 = 10 ultra realistic GT3 (and more + GTE etc), and rF2 is much much more realistic than ACC.

rF2 is an excellent simulation from every point of view and in continuous improvement including in terms of race conditions, features, graphics, sounds, etc.

I do not understand what is the interest of using ACC when we already bought rF2. (GT3)

What do you think ?

100% agree on the AI : that of rF2 is absolutely horrible, a disaster.
    Please do something @S397.

Godwind Racing likes this.
  16. Filip

Filip Registered

Nonsense :rolleyes:
    For people who like gt3 there are many reasons as ACC will be official game of the series with real liveries.
    Also better sounds, graphics, official tracks that cannot be found in rf2.
    Another nonsense :rolleyes:

F1Aussie likes this.
  17. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

@DrivingFast
    In terms of graphics, sound, envoirment, car models quality rf2 is complete outsider. At list if you have good videocard. In terms of physical model, well i can live with upgraded ac physics. Multiplayer is working now also.
    So playing rf2 i feel i am participating in early access program and playing acc after 0,6 i feel i am playing final version with bugs :)
    That's what I think.

F1Aussie and DrivingFast like this.
  18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Do you really think the AI does not have very big problems in rF2 ??

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

With proper aggression settings and a well done AIW the only AI issue is the rain tires and how they fail to use draft. So to call is "horrible" is just angry bs ;)

Emery likes this.
  20. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Each to their own.

For me, driving in ACC is a visual mess, with artefacts flicking constantly and trees flipping between LODs meters in front of my car. It looks phenomenal in exterior shots though.

Daniele Vidimari likes this.