Rear lights. Will they ever work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr.Sw1tchblade, Jan 15, 2019.

1. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Sorry if this is wrong place for this thread, maybe i should ask in support.
    In current state of this game rear lights of cars are just a fiction. They gives you 0 light. Its very annoying if you driving in the night at the dark tracks. Does s397 have plans to fix this problem?

2. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Hmm,the rear lights are working... GRAB_283.JPG GRAB_311.JPG

bwana likes this.
  3. mr.Sw1tchblade

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

try changing your PP level. Gently tho, it will affect fps.

M D Gourley and Rastas like this.
  5. mr.Sw1tchblade

This screenshot taken with maximum graphic settings.I found video with exactly the same problem. Take a look at McLarens back lights

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In the video they all have working brakelights, but as you said, the McLaren 650S has very thin appearing brakelights and thus are difficult to see.

7. Jego

Jego Registered

They should cast light to the surrounding more though.
    Also it could not hurt to make them stronger. With the new led lights I am sometimes still surbrised in real life how bright those rear brake lights can be even during the day.

bwana, Alex72 and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yep they need to be stronger.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

In real life you have various intensity of light available, while in computer simulations the light intensity is limited to the constant backlight of your screen (unless you have an HDR screen, where there is a bit more playroom). So a concept of stronger light doesn't really exist in that sense in PC games.

10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

But some games/sims have stronger lights so its possible to do, of course.

11. mr.Sw1tchblade

Even in nfs porshe unleashed lights made better than this crap.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mr.Sw1tchblade your "English isn't my first language" excuse is wearing thin. You'll be ignored if you start talking trash.

F1Aussie, Narrowbackwing and MarcG like this.
  13. mr.Sw1tchblade

You can see my screenshot in this thread. This is maximum graphics @ rtx 2080 videocard@Bathurst. Try to take a ride in the night with gt3 cars there. Ok, Porshe unleashed maybe too extreme example(but you can actually drive car in the night there because you always have light from surrounding , primitive but you have it),sorry.

14. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Yeah, it's almost impossible to see the brake lights. I hope 397 add some glow to make them more visible.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  15. mr.Sw1tchblade

Also you can see 1 car not from gt3 pack on my screenshot. It doest have back lights/stop signals at all.

16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Ok lets calm down a bit. rF2 is not crap. Far from it. I agree though that some rear lights are really hard to see. Maybe those particular cars could get a boost. Not something i prioritize but it would be nice. Wouldnt hurt if S397 looked into it when they have time since it would enhance the product.

EsxPaul, BlkJello and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  17. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, but my point is that the game does not control the backlight of your monitor, so the only way to make anything seem "stronger" is to alter the color, there is no real stronger light available. And the glow of course that extends the area of backlight, but glow comes from using post effects and many people have those disabled.

Alex72 likes this.
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Man the same few people will always always always find a way to make an excuse when someone request an improvement or point an issue with the game.
    The light is weak on default content, headlights is the same (too dependent on PP high or ultra to look decent) it's not about the monitor. What the heck man........

mr.Sw1tchblade, Alex72 and LokiD like this.
  19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

The issue (I think) is... When YOU drive behind a car, your headlights illuminate the car infront and it washes out the rear lights of the car in front. If you turn off your headlights, you can see perfectly well when the car infront brakes... Brake lights are really hard to get the maximum intensity from, get them to bloom, but not bloom too much, but it doesn't really matter when your head lights will kill any detail and wash out the brake lights of the car in front of you anyway.

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I get the guys frustratation when u just get oh the reason rf2 can't do it blah blah blah

Sorry i agree lights look awful in this Especially rears. With all the new gfx systems now u would of thought would of improved The look of rf2

Back light of the monitor..... f me what next depends what color pants I've got on.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.