Sorry Studio 397 but, or you talk with Oculus people or the game is gone for us...

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Daniel Cuervo, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

The game stills crashing randomly when you are racing online. The "VR content loading" appears on the headset and the game stops working. I don't know if the problem is from Rfactor 2 or with the Oculus software, but you need to talk with them about this problem. I'm not the only one affected. There are many people with the same issue. And for the moment seems that there are not a solution. So, please, contact them and try to solve the problem.

Thanks.

P.D. Is a problem reported since August of 2018...

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The problem is neither Oculus nor rFactor2 in general, because I know of several who use both including me and nobody has these problems.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  3. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  4. Week

Week Registered

I've used oculus since the beginning of rFactor2 compatibilty, and 0 problems.
    Wich graphic card are you using? Driver version?

5. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X 8GB, i7 7700K, MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON, 16GB RAM DDR4, Oculus Rift CV1 and the game fails with all drivers since August.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ARE you using the latest version of rF2? You CANNOT use earlier betas with most of the newer content and features.
    On the Steam page click on the Steam menu name at the upper left corner. Then choose settings and when that box opens, ensure you are not using a beta. Best of luck, I hope you get this sorted.

7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Before pointing fingers, I would suggest that you ensure that your system is not the issue. Windows can cause all sorts of problems! I run the Oculus Rift on an i5 [4690K] with a GTX 980 Ti - which is probably considered 'old' now. I had issues at the start, but 99% of it was down to my system and once I worked through the VR thread on this site, can honestly say that my experience is now hassle free [took part in the VEC 8 Hrs of Sepang last night]. The advice that I would give is to use the latest nvidia driver, use core parking, ensure that your CPU is running at it's highest [rF2 uses single core], stop all processes that you can [in W10]. You cannot expect that because you have a good system that it will just work, it requires a bit of effort. Also, ensure that you have followed the advice re Betas above.

mogwai likes this.
  8. Week

Week Registered

Try 391.35 driver, i'm using that on my 980 ti and 0 problems.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As above make sure ALL drivers (GPU, Oculus etc) are up to date, make sure your Windows System is up to date, make sure you're not using an old Beta and that you have selected Opt-Out, also make sure your USB connection to your rift is USB 3.0.

For the record I've used my rift online (and off) without issues for a long time now, I'm not saying there isn't an issue, just that it's harder to track down potential issues when only a select few are experiencing them :)

10. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

For info, I am using one of the latest drivers as Nvidia seem to have sorted the PCIe bus usage (?) issue. Was reported on a VR thread recently, and so far running well.

11. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

Guys, I tried everything. The drivers are all up to date. I tried with the lastest Nvidia's drivers since December 2017 and doesn't work. Not, I'm not using betas. The game works fine and crash RANDOMLY, sometimes it happened at 30 minutes after start, other times at 1 hour and "X" minutes.... I'm racing the VEC of simracing.club, Division 3. And in all the races the issue happened. And please, don't try to excuse the software everytime I'm not a noob... Perfect if you have not problems, but if you see the forum, well, the word "crash" apears more than once... Really, thanks to all of you, but i am asking to developers to talk with Oculus's people for one reason... I don't know of the problem is with the 1.31 Oculus's version but talk with them and ask don't kill anyone.

Again, thanks to all of you.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What programs have you got running in the background? Any antivirus? Have you tried doing a recent clean of your system for virus and bloatware? Have you tried on a fresh Windows installation? Have you tried plugging your Oculus into a different USB port?

Edit: FYI Oculus 1.31 is not the latest version

13. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

Not, 1.31 is the Oculus's version when the game seems to had this issue... Actually I have the last version.

Not antivirus, only Discord, TeamSpeak and Crew Chief. And yes, the system is clean...

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What about the rest?

15. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Different USB ports?

17. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

Nop, I tried that too...

18. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

Is something weird MarcG. Is very random... Yesterday in Sepang a little lag in third corner and few seconds later the game crash...

You know, same files, same pc, and the game can work fine or happen this...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  19. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I think that @MarcG meant what background programs are running - check the 'Show Hidden Icons' in the taskbar [bottom right near to internet connection - looks like ^ ] and in Task manager. There's often more running than you think.

I have had several issues with my Oculus, the most annoying being the view suddenly going black, but hearing the sound [normally the car I was driving crashing!] This was something to do with the power to the sensor from the USB port. I now run the Oculus recommended USB 3.0 PCI Express card [Inatech] and keep the sensor and Headset USB ports separated. I also had an issue with Windows 10 randomly changing my power plan - balanced is recommended, but my W10 kept changing it to High. In the end I edited my High power plan to be the same as the balanced one and so far so good.

20. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

Yes, I tried that too, nothing running in background. The PCI Express card could works... But when i'm playing Xplane 11 and flying 2 or 3 hours i haven't problems... Is very frustrating not to know what happen... :(