GT3 Challengers cars crashing game

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BlueFireMegaCoaster, Jan 11, 2019.

1. BlueFireMegaCoaster

BlueFireMegaCoaster Registered

I just bought the pack and tried to lead them in a race, however the loading bar gets stuck around 80% and SteamVR says it's unresponsive. When installing them for the first time, I got an error about the McLaren already being installed. The GT3 cars appear double in the launcher as well.

This only happens when I try on of the new cars. Also, the McLaren 720S is not in the game. I tried deleting the folders from the rFactor directory, but now I get this error: https://imgur.com/a/pxyQNKe

Edit - they also don't appear in the workshop items I'm subbed to, but I'm not sure whether they should or not.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. latorre

latorre Registered

Hello good, I have now some GT3 with ORSI finish, someone can explain to me what is this?

I have a friend who starts to caragar the gt3, and tells him that is not available and bought the whole pack, what is happening?

Thanks

3. BlueFireMegaCoaster

I tried here, on Reddit and in the official Discord but so far no one has gotten back to me (apart from one lad on Reddit who told my I should try Discord). Really wanted to try out these cars and I paid my 15 dollars, but I have nothing to show for it...

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Did you check your inventory page listed under your name on the Steam Page? Are you currently using the latest version? If the cars are visible in the inventory, UNSUBSCRIBE. Then exit Steam (and rF2 if necessary) and re-launch Steam. Go back to inventory and re-subscribe. Try it also without VR, just to ensure the darn things are loading. Good Luck.

5. BlueFireMegaCoaster

I did not know about the inventory! They are there, I'm redownloading them now, I'll update when finished. Thanks!

Edit - Nope, still the same errors in the launcher... And I just get a whole bunch of errors about wipers and bones and ANIM files after the loading bar is stuck.

I also tried unsubbing, deleting the files, and launching the game. However when I launch the game it automatically subscribes me to the GT3 cars and downloads them, only to spit out the same errors again and again.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What version of rF2 are you running? Make sure you opt out of any Betas. From the original Steam page, look up to the far upper left. Click on STEAM then SETTINGS. See if there is an option to use a Beta. Mine is set to Not Participating.

7. BlueFireMegaCoaster

Ah, I'm on the DX11 beta, because I understand that's the only way to get VR. I'll give it a shot.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

9. BlueFireMegaCoaster

This was the culprit! I had no idea, I found a dev update about how to play in VR but didn't check to see if there was a newer update (this one was on the top of Google). Thanks guys!