[REL] 1991 Group C v1.1 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

@jonrarit I entered the server a couple of time, but with the current server settings, is difficult to know the cars. 7x tire wear on a green track make the tires disappear before the operating pressure is reach. The stint is to short.

2. knackko

knackko Registered

Hi !
    Juste to have your opinion on C11: we are running a Group C server on Le Mans 91, hotlaps shows that the C11 is really really fast (maybe too?), in fact it reaches 400km/h with the chicanes ! it is not so the speed, in real it reaches 400km/h but think it how fast is the acceleration.
    Even the C11 is harder on curvy tracks, think it is a lot of accel. Just to compare, for Le Mans 91, on our server the best lap is in 3.18, in 1991 the pole were done in 3.31. Under 10s of gap, dont think it is a lot, bu here it is 13s, and the 1st porsche is in 3.25 !

3. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

Yes, it will be fixed. It wasn't intentional. Devs mode version was correctly balanced and we didn't expect to go wrong in single player.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Turbo and Hazi like this.
  4. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Thank you!

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Guys, I've noticed wiper does not work on Sauber, is series rain ready?
    Also, did 1991 cars really had pit limiter?

Cars look awesome! Gonna stick with those for a while :)

6. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

The C11 was a little faster, but once each of the cars is tuned properly they're pretty close.

7. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

from changelog............

- Only functionality missing is fully working wiper functionality currently, but rain support is included already.

tbh it was bad wording from myself, the back end for rain support is there already in released version, currently the only moving wiper is the 787b but it does not clean the screen in the released version

The Iron Wolf and rubennaatje like this.
  8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

My bad as well, I missed that piece. Thanks for the clarification.

9. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

np, i miss stuff all the time as you can probably tell by my eyes, which look the same as my avatar most of the time lol

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hehe :) Any comment on pit speed limiter availability IRL for those cars?

11. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

tbh I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that the old pits at Le Mans were used until 1990, after that it was new pits and I suspect it probably had a pit lane speed limit from 1991 because the earlier pit was barely a pit at all lol, I did search online without success to try and get a definitive answer.

It has been a while since I did track stuff but iirc the pit lane speed is set in the track itself, not the car, so whether they had pit speed limits or not, they will have in rF2. Of course I could be wrong;)

edit - I also see that there is speedlimiter= variable in the engine section of hdv, which enable and disable the speed limiter for the car, trouble is, I cannot find validation that there was or was not one in these cars in 1991

edit #2 - there was no speed limit in pits irl, but disabling speed limiter in the car, means you can drive what speed you like but unless custom made track with no pit speed limit is used, driver would get penalty for driving too fast on most of the tracks because is usually active in the tracks. As a result, the speed limiters will stay in this mod until such time that the pit limiter is selectable in the ui for the track, which is unlikely to happen tbh.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  12. knackko

knackko Registered

To see speed in pits and another things in pits, here is a review of the WSC91, with a nice music !

mister dog likes this.
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

My question was more about the realism of in car limiter functionality, and yes IIRC it can be turned off in hdv. My personal preference would be even if track has speed limit set, to not have limiter button if car IRL did not have it (I prefer no aids not available IRL), but since there's no data, this minor thing will have to slide I guess ;)

One more question - is engine sound balance emphasis to the right intentional in Sauber?

Car is just fantastic, huge thank you :) Enjoying it at 91's LeMans.

14. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

well with no pit limiter, if anyone break pit speed they get penalty, and is not straight forward to know pit speed limit on different tracks and no pit limiter cause big problem with ai driving like maniacs in pit lol, so where possible we always make accurate but in circumstances like this, not possible and there are plenty of things not possible on this platform. Sometimes things like this break realism but cannot be helped.

The sound issue, see 10 posts above your last post, from 'Raintyre':p:D

Glad your enjoying the mod;)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I just added pit lane speed stuff to the Crew Chief :) so it is very easy now to be aware of this information.

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  16. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

:cool:

17. LaZanzaraRombante

LaZanzaraRombante Registered

are other models available for this mod?

18. fbiehne

fbiehne Registered

Would love to see the Jag or the Peugeot as well. That would make 5 of the greatest Group C cars ever built. :)

19. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

Not sure in 1991, but nowadays these cars include pit limiter for the 'classics' competitions, like Peter Auto Group C Racing and other.
    See some examples:

Onboard sound Porsche 962
    https://chirb.it/LA3vI6

Onboard video Sauber C11

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  20. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Not in 1991 IIRC, speed limiter came to F1 in 1994 and became widely used in most other motorsports, incidentally after the San Marino GP