Released NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Do you train or are you naturally like that?

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

oh wow

3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Depends on what you call "issues".
    If you're like this guy at RD and see this as a real issue then yes, by all means don't buy it yet ;)

unknown.png

bwana likes this.
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

on RD those guys are those RACESIMSTUDIO guys bashing the "issues"

when the AI get fixed then tell you what ill buy the pack :)

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  5. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

No you need to create a new skin for that when there is some template around...

6. Depco

Depco Registered

Studio 397 already stated that they will be releasing the skin templates as soon as they have the instruction manual completed. The new shaders that were introduced with this pack will require a different way of creating the skin. So they don't want people having the new template and making ugly cars because they don't know how to handle the new shaders. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Actually you can if you don't mind using the same one and only skin released for each car for now (you can replace the skins later with new ones as they get released).
    You first need to create virtual rides and add talent parameters to the .rcd files like with any other mod.

Audere est facere likes this.
  8. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

"So they don't want people having the new template and making ugly cars because they don't know how to handle the new shaders" Do you honestly think they care about the quality of the skins released? And if so they could give a "how to" for the ones having this problem.I know that you can do a template along with the car and you need one as every car has a skin.There is another reason for not releasing them and we'll never know why...

9. Stevy

Stevy Registered

is it true that the Aston doesn't have any brakes ?
    Saw a comment on facebook and to be honest, haven't seen any brakes on the pictures here or on FB
    EDIT:
    WTF! It's true! That's like....holy moly thats bad!
    Photo from M D Gourley
    [​IMG]

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I loaded up Sebring with the GT3 field and checked all the cars. Everyone has visible Brake Calipers on the disks EXCEPT the Aston. I even increased the Player Detail to Full to ensure I wasn't losing them in an LOD.

11. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

Cool reflections, though. Looking at the bright side the new shader system promises a lot when fully implemented.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  12. bwana

bwana Registered

I’m sure a lot of people here only drive sims to look at replays and screenies !

bluet, fsuarez79, Korva7 and 5 others like this.
  13. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

I think many people here can use google and find exelent mods even for free. If you feel fine driving potato, if only it have good physics it's your choice.

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I love the handling of the Aston Martin.

15. lagg

lagg Registered

Potato?
    It's a good mod with some minor errors.

bwana likes this.
  16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Vantage GT3 was pretty nice to drive! Gotta be more careful on corner exit as its very lively coming out of corners. I also like the sound in the cockpit. Outside sound could do with a bit more power.

One thing that was a little worse than many other GT3 cars though was that FFB details are pretty low in this car. Not feeling the grip and the car itself but bumps and dips doesnt come through as well as on other cars. Like its more dampered. Heavy FFB but smoothing out the fine FFB details. This is one thing that makes cars fun to drive IMO so when that is lacking i feel less inclined to drive a car. I want to feel the road in the wheel. Again, this might just be something with non DD wheels. On the big whole i really like this car though. :)

17. bwana

bwana Registered

I’d drive a yellow place holder taxi if it handles like a real car , don’t need to see images or replays to make it good ..

18. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

So long as it's the correct shade of yellow. ;)

Audere est facere, bwana and GrimDad like this.
  19. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Sorry english is not my native language so sometimes i can be rude. Yep mod is good. And gt3 pack is cool too. My disappointment is about gt3 cars sounds and visual. Even free mods are better this days.

lagg, bwana and patchedupdemon like this.
  20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

While there’s a definite difference between these packs individual cars sounds quality, it does make me wonder why some sound worse than others, I mean the Bentley is probably the best sounding car I’ve drove in sim racing, so guttural and raw, both in cockpit and out, while others seem lacklustre.
    Maybe it’s the amount of access they have to the actual cars, shame they can’t make them all sound as good.
    The graphical quality/accuracy though has no excuse

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.