Hybrids

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by James Mathai, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

That was ISI

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

and had a generic 2012 car, but then that was ISI rather than 397.

We also have a generic 60s F1 car and generic NASCAR, so a generic LMP1 doesn't sound too radical.

3. Stevy

Stevy Registered

yes, but Studio 397 updated it to DX11 and rain and run it now as official content (also seen in the trailer I think)
    That's what I mean. We already have generic official content.
    Also most of the best mods out there are generic cars (URD, EnduRacers etc.)
    If the quality is right I think most people will not care of the car is named Aura or Audi no matter where it's from.
    And if they care they are wrong with rFactor in the first place.

4. Filip

Filip Registered

Of course basic update is made, why would they discard well made old fantasy content.

You think so?
    I believe there are lot of people who are sensitive to exact names, liveries...
    Anyway it doesn't matter because decision is made. Only licensed stuff.

5. James Mathai

James Mathai Registered

I don't have a clutch pedal, so I wouldn't know. I'm just talking about what I want, not necessarily what is best for rFactor 2 as a whole.

6. dufrene

dufrene Registered

2MJ was also possible.

Less electricity meant more Petrol/Diesel energy, more power on the thermal engine and bigger reservoirs but same overall weight. Except for Non-hybrid that were lighter.

It was Porsche in 2014 that had to stick with 6MJ because of the battery. But then, after 2015 the battery was better than anything else and everybody took that type of ERS.

Porsche Went from 6 to 8MJ, Toyota from 6 to 8MJ as well. Audi was struggling to get over 6MJ due to the weight of the Diesel engine. Nissan had a 8MJ ERS but couldn't use it because it was too much subjet to catch fire (if I remember correctly).

10MJ class was a project for 2018, but with Nissan and Audi left, then the reduction of expenses, then Porsche that left so they canceled this project.

:)

7. lagg

lagg Registered

I agree with the creator of the thread. I'd like to drive a F1 hibrid in rF2.

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

AC has a generic 2018 car (paid mod) and AMS has a generic 2017 car (no hybrid) which are both great.

9. lagg

lagg Registered

It's a good thing for those who use AC and AMS.
    I don't like AC and i don't ude AMS since i bought the Oculus.

10. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

I would love to have those generic cars from Race Studio. I mean, look at their new RSS Formula 2000 and how great is their interpretation of 2017 rules. It’s so detailed and high quality that I bet no one would mind in having it as part of rF2 base content.