Some questions about rFactor 2 skin generation

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Felix Schendel, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Hi all together!
    I just started to make custom skins for rFactor 2. But I faced some questions. At the moment I'm trying to build a custom skin for the Porsche 991 RSR. There are 3 template files one for the whole car and 2 for the windows. The window files are called in and out in the end. Am I right that they are for the inside and outside view of the vehicle?

I replaced the Porsche reading on both files and converted them to .dds. I put all 3 files to a mas file and placed it in my loose livery directory for the Porsche. So now the problem I faced. The outside view of the Porsche is like expected but from cocpit view I still see the Porsche reading on the window. What did I wrong?

My loose livery directory looks like that:
    -alt.mas
    -- alt.dds
    -- alt_windowsin.dds
    -- alt_windowsout.dds

I hope my problem is described propper. If you see any other errors in my doing please let me know. As I said I'm just at the beginning.

Thanks for your help.

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I think you need to have:
    -alt.mas
    -- alt.dds
    -- altwindowsin.dds (Note: perhaps it's altwindowin.dds without the s, to be checked)
    -- altwindowsout.dds (Note: perhaps it's altwindowout.dds without the s, to be checked)

3. Felix Schendel

Thanks for your help. So first of all my general doing is correct :)
    Unfortunately that wasn't the trick. I tried it without the lower bar and without the s. There is no different behavior if you remove the lower bar. The outside is correct the cockpit view is wrong. If I remove the "s" the outside view is also missing.

So to sum it up the s is needed it doesn't matter if you have a lower bar or not.

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Could you check inside the .veh file of the skinned car to see if there are alias at start of the file, example: EXTRA2=HOOD

5. Felix Schendel

So I checked the car-upgrade.mas of the Porsche_991_RSR_GTE_2017 directory. Inside I found 6 .veh Files none of them containt a line with EXTRA2=* only EXTRA0="window". Inside the mas file ther are some *windowsin.dds and *windowsout.dds files.

Again thanks for your help.