Released NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Sorry. I using those gui mirrors every time i am playing this game. They are turned off at this screenshot for better cockpit view. Player names are helpful too. Especially in the night. But i prefer not to ride in the night anymore. At list in singleplayer.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I'm sure many of us have our own gripes with certain aspects of rF2 and any other title. I'm rarely satisfied with FFB, drive-train physics and audio in Simulation and I cannot think of a single title where these things cannot be improved, usually significantly. For others, it may be AI, track quality, waving flags, trees, online-features, . . . the list goes on and it's human nature to want things to evolve and improve. The older we get, the more we realize that the timing becomes more important for us personally. :p:)

Sean_S36 likes this.
  3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Sorry if I missed it; what's the word on the Aston Martin expected review/release? Tomorrow?

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Most people are still returning back from Christmas holidays. If I understood it correctly, it hinges on Aston Martin getting the approval done, so I wouldn't expect anything immediately soon, as it's surely not their priority as much as S397's.

Voltaic likes this.
  5. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

And the templates are in the boot of the Aston ..Too bad...

6. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I expected as much. I've been sick this past week, didn't know if I missed anything. I'm still hoping for this coming week though. Cheers

7. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

After many hours testing these new cars, my opinion is they all are probably the best simulations I have ever driven.
    Nothing else out there currently comes close, I am absolutely staggered at the amount of feedback I'm feeling through this Fanatec.

If I had to choose one, I always choose consistency and while it may not be the fastest I still managed to turn 2:05s at Sebring running the stock setup.
    It's the Audi for me, I would of paid $100 for this car.
    I look forward to driving the Aston.

MarcG likes this.
  8. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

So all content is now going to be paid content and the concept of the community building and racing what they want it gone now ?
    I have been part of a mod group and put in the time to make cars and stuff before and have run a site with rF1 and rF2 for over 10 years and now it is getting away from the racers/community creating stuff and going racing to a buy cars or tracks even the private mod groups are doing it and have for a while.
    It just seems to me that the concept has gone an now its all just business, it doesn't feel like it used to race online.

McFlex likes this.
  9. Comante

Comante Registered

Of course is business, they make this game for a living.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I prefer DLC like the GT3 with high quality graphics, realistic physics built from official data from the racing teams than third party mods ....with bad physics.

vittorio, Schpidie, fsuarez79 and 4 others like this.
  11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@vancstar "its all just business" its a huge part of the whole industry
    we need professionalism (and modders of course) to provide us a stable high quality content
    all games does exact the same thing (DLC)
    the point is high quality
    being a businesman is good when you love what you do and want to be paid to provide a huge amount of work and you dont forget who support your work :)
    cheers

12. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

I have no preference where content gets created mods or official as long as its top shelf physics.
    Donate to good modders and buy official.
    Seeing a trend where sim racers (perhaps new racers?) are getting bored too quick and do not want to put the time into one car/track combo or join leagues.
    Games like project cars where they try to appease by throwing as much mediocre content they can at it results in more impatience because now the kids have too much to choose from.
    Less is more with content and I miss the days where 20 of us would practice for weeks, not share tunes or lap times just for one race.

I could practice and tune that Audi @Sebring for hours on end.
    I need to find a good league.

Jeferson Richart and EsxPaul like this.
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If you read the roadmap you can see they are building tools for modders, plus the content dev site was built and is being updated.
    Nothing stops modders from building and the community from using it. In fact some great content has been appearing lately ported from the AC groups as the guys there got tired of using poor and old rFactor 1 content ported to that sim.
    From the developer side it has always been business. Makes no sense to have it in any other way, there is no free lunch.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Emery and John like this.
  14. Emery

Emery Registered

Guess you're totally ignoring the free content, such as the vintage McLarens, that's been regularly released?!? Or you haven't even bothered looking in the third party content section of the forum for recent releases and updates?

15. Pales

Pales Registered

Plot Twist: As no other game has the Aston currently, I can only assume it has failed approval multiple times and they're now rectifying any issues highlighted. Perhaps even making something bespoke for a true representation of what the car is?

16. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

Yes but they have sold the Aston and they can't release it .We don't know what is the deal between ACC and the SRO but it seems that other games will have great difficulties to get GT3 cars as SRO controls the GT3 worldwide now.

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Nah. You can license any GT3, the deal is between you and the manufacturer (or agency that deal with it). SRO does not own the rights of the cars (like in F1 when you get a license for their game you get the whole thing, cars, tracks, etc), if you license a SRO championship you still have to license every car, every track, get rights to use drivers image, brands, etc. It's a lot of work and due to that you may not get everything in your game (if you want to cover a full championship like ACC)

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They obviously have completed the licensing portion of the project, or they could not have announced the car in the first place. But something is hanging approval. Perhaps it is low poly counts around the mirrors.????

Lazza, mr.Sw1tchblade and Akela_DE like this.
  19. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

But that is the moment when the real justified moan starts. At least all rF2 Porsches have the same and perfectly tuned engine, try to find two rental karts or two mono-brand series engines with the same power and I'll pay you a beer.

In this sense, virtual racing would be more fair than real racing but then come the online cheaters play their roles.

20. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Just look at the mirrors of the Audi.
    They are so low poly, they are almost rectangular.
    *irony off*