[REL] F1 1998

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by IronKnuckle124, Jan 4, 2019.

1. IronKnuckle124

IronKnuckle124 Registered

Corti and The Iron Wolf like this.
  2. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

How are they based on the S397 physics? Official cars are encrypted.

3. IronKnuckle124

All the encryption does is prevent you from viewing/extracting the files from the encrypted .mas.

You can still make a mod which uses files from the .mas as long as you know what the files are called.

For this mod I was able to give all cars the MP4-13 physics since I knew what the MP4-13's .hdv was called.
    To make performance different for each car, I just added drag/reduced downforce in each car's upgrade file.

Hopefully that makes sense lol

DrivingFast, Bjørn and Louis like this.
  4. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

Makes sense I guess, thanks. Any idea if the hdv is the only thing you can change through the upgrade file? The engine ini would be another desirable target.

5. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Did you get permission from GPTeam first?

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

If not just look for Guiseppe Rainieri and ask :) He's a good guy!

7. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

That's actually not a bad idea. Sorry for taking this slightly off topic, but was wondering if you ran into this issue. For some reason, I don't think it works for all the S397 cars. Over the weekend I was attempting to do something similar with applying the Norma LMP3 physics to the Enduracers Ligier LMP3. I referenced the .sfx and that worked. But for some reason, referencing the .hdv, the game would crash right at the end of loading. I can't figure out which file it is causing it.

Just wondering if you have any ideas? I'll have to look at your F1 1998 files to see how you did it. I also need to figure out how you did the "update" to the original .rfcmp. I've never been able to figure that out LOL!

8. keith_d

keith_d Registered

You can extract all of the files from the encrypted mas for the open wheelers but none for the gt's and lmp's so I would assume that would have something to do with the Norma not working, slightly more protection than the rest :)

9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Great mod with great memories of my youth. Unfortunately, the mod does not work in VR mode. I always have floating arms in the cockpit ...

10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Unfortunately, there are even more problems with the otherwise beautiful Mod. The sun shines too strong in the rear-view mirrors. This creates fog clouds around the rearview mirror. Suffering does not fit the Peformance of the vehicles properly. Often the rear teams like Tyrell are ahead of Ferrari and McLaren. I hope that this mod gets these fixes. Because she is definitely worth it. I ask for your understanding of my bad English .

Hazi and F1Aussie like this.
  11. Mic7000

Mic7000 Registered

You could not update the 98 mod. Would definitely look great.

Hazi likes this.
  12. IronKnuckle124

Rogger and Bostrom like this.
  13. Mic7000

Mic7000 Registered

Hey Iron thanks for this file. The mirrors the cockpit and I think the whole car have better sharpness and it looks a lot better in VR. Great;-)

IronKnuckle124 likes this.