Released NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

Reflections would be best but anything on windshield adds to immersion. Toyota Celica still has this. Can this method be used for dirt?

Louis likes this.
  2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

awful tyre sounds like its rallying ha

Nitrometh likes this.
  3. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

It seems that good tire-scrub sounds are hard to do but, it's even worse when they don't include variability (use on/off trigger / non-variable / no ramp). AMS may have some of the most effective use of tire-sounds in Sim-racing; I always have a good sense of how hard I'm pushing the tires. Effective surround effects help too, and good FFB cues - of course. Reiza seems to have mastered the art of combining these effects imo.

Alex72, Louis and Magus like this.
  4. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

Is there any news for the templates?Would be great to have them and work on them as it was said they are different from other cars of the game.Hope we have a tutorial and template for all parts to avoid the fact that some people have them all and other don't...And maybe as we are in the beginning of the year the way to test our work on the cars without launching the game using 3DSimEd that means to have the GMTs or like Assetto Corsa a garage launch just to see the car.

mancslo likes this.
  5. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

bought the pack one second after release, i think those are better cars i ever drove in a sim. Porsche is really a pleasure for handling and sound, the queen of the pack imho. bmw is great in anything, same McLaren (same sound of old model, but probably is the same irl) perhaps the exterior sound of the Audi could be a little better. speaking of the sound probably the only thing i really miss (in all cars, GTE too) is more backfire both in internal and external view. looking GT3 cars on youtube i hear distinctly backfire sound, but in rf2 they are missing. can you make them hear better from the cockpit and from the external view?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    RaceNut, Levelup1, gunner1483 and 2 others like this.
  6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Are our friends from Aston Martin back from vacations and ready to approve the release of the last car? :p
    It's not that I'm not enjoying the other 4 but I need the AM to start my championship

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

https://www.studio-397.com/2018/12/roadmap-update-december-2018/
    At the bottom in the "Looking Ahead" section.

8. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

I am curious is this final version? Too much angles for ellipse and well for square too. This is Porshe gt3 model.

Attached Files:

Akela_DE and F1Aussie like this.
  9. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

I have a issue with the porsche gt3 r, hope someone has a idea.
    [​IMG]

10. mr.Sw1tchblade

Do you have latest build of the game(1112)?

11. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

I found it. I deleted the abo from the car and activate it again. Then it loads it and now all works fine.

Emery likes this.
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

The steering wheel is similar but more subtle.

13. mr.Sw1tchblade

Not acceptable for me in official model. Not in 2019.

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

smoother curves = more vertices = less performance. What is one of the main complaints of rF2 at this point in time? Lack of performance. I can't think, in 20 years of sim racing that I ever looked at a mirror long enough to notice a stair-step curve. But then I never claimed to be any good at this lol!
    Better eyes than mine I guess.

15. mr.Sw1tchblade

Thats why we have different graphic settings in game. Isnt it? I am not hardcore sim racer. But my 1st racing game was Lotus III. And it was fine in 90s. In 2000s i prefer to chose between graphics/performance myself.

Also it sounds like "we can't do much with game engine performance so we put simple models instead"

And 1 more point just for example:some tracks have grass and some not. If some grass is growing out there game engine is working with its model, shadows and so on. I dont think 2 good mirror models(i am talking about mirror model, not reflection itself!) will drop your performance to the ground. And grass can actually do it.

16. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

@mr.Sw1tchblade
    Most people here are here for the physics not the graphics. Anything graphic wise is considered a bonus in rF2 but watch the people moan if they lose fps because of it or even worse if the physics were to suffer.
    To get strong physics takes alot of cpu power, that plus real road & compromises probably have to be made.
    PC's need to become more powerful but on the bright side S397 are doing their best to improve this sim and doing a fantastic job too.
    This sim was built using a DX9 engine and S397 have changed that to DX11 & improved the graphics by quite a bit. They continue to work on more improvements to utilize DX11 further while still maintaining good fps.

If you want graphics you should try Forza but you will see the physics take a jump off a cliff.

Welcome to the forum

17. mr.Sw1tchblade

Thanks for answer, GrimDad. Well i am playing Forza, and even Forza horizon with my childs :) And some other sim/simcade titles too. Yep, i am new for this title. And one of the reasons i bought this game was new dx11 engine. And 2nd but not last is roadmap and Marcel himself at devcon :) I also bought this gt 3 models not only to compare physical models in different games, but because they are all new, made with new material system etc.

Sure, maybe this game is not for me, i am trying hard to go through visual imperfection to reach physical model and enjoy it. But i cant. I thought new engine and models will help.
    As you can see i am not talking about tracks, ffb and so on. I can live with visual simplicity, but bad visual car model in the game about cars and right before my eyes is not acceptable for me. But i can accept if models and graphics is in "still in work" stage. DX11 engine still in beta, so i am trying to understand what kind of stuff is still in beta and what is final version. I hope Porshe model is not final version. McLaren is made much better. And good for Audi it have square mirrors :)

F1Aussie and GrimDad like this.
  18. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I wasn't implying this sim isn't for you with my Forza comment...sorry if it came across that way. I meant to use as a comparison to rF2.

That Marcel guy has cost me alot of money since I watched his video when the rain & Bentley were announced. But I don't regret spending it on a new pc (now old pc) & then VR. I'm hoping he doesn't make to many more videos, he could sell me a wooden racing leg if he told me it would improve rF2 ;) I love his passion for rF2.

The new lighting & shaders that were added to the new GT3 pack isn't the complete car just the outside view so there is plenty more to come with overall look of rF2. Tuning of the DX11 graphics will come quicker once the UI and a few other things get finished. 2018 saw major improvements and 2019 is going see more.
    The real joy of rF2 for me personally is just the sheer pleasure of driving cars I can't afford knowing that the physics is close to the real experience as possible.
    Stop looking at graphics and push the cars as hard as possible and you too will learn to love this sim.
    I own loads of driving sims and enjoy them all but you have to look at their positives not their negatives.

TassyDevil and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  19. stonec

stonec Registered

Well I don't fully agree, I think it is fair to look at the graphics and be critical about it. But to some degree I also think there is no sim out there without visual imperfections. I can make a long list from every sim of things that don't look the same as real world and mark it down as an imperfection. If you look close enough on this onboard of the newly released Assetto Corsa Competizione, you will see the same rough edges on the left side mirror. Perhaps a bit less apparent, but they are still there clearly visible. The GT3 cars are already heavy on performance as was mentioned. Adding more polys to the car models will reduce the degree of edges (though a curved surface in computer graphics will always be made of polygons and triangles), but more polys equal less performance. There is no easy way around it, because add more polys and people will complain the pack is too heavy. Most people also insist running at maxed details, so the maxed detail performance has to be satisfactory.

M D Gourley likes this.
  20. mr.Sw1tchblade

I am old pc user, so on other hand i feel fine with current interface.
    And i am afraid Marcel can sell me something new too :) . I am ready to try this game more and more. Unfortunately at this moment i feel like i am fighting with my own senses. Eyes>ffb for me.