Why doesnt s397 have a single "official" server without bots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maarten Nauta, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

This might be a stupid question but my (and lots of other peoples) problems with rf2 is the lack of drop-in racing. Online is lots of league servers with mod content which generally doesn't download filled for the most part with AI bots. Apparently there is a new UI coming but in the mean time why is there not a single server run by s397 that has a track rotation of "legal" tracks with the official s397 content and doesn't have bots in it? It does seem to exist just after new official content but why cant this server be kept running?

bravotangosix and STF YVR like this.
  2. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Yeah empty servers or filled with AI and various "package not available" errors are especially repulsing for new users. It's not stupid question, but perhaps just adding official servers wouldn't be enough. The problem is not the lack of servers but some underlying infrastructure, ranking system, matchmaking etc. There was even SRS app for rF2 but at least by the time I knew about it, no races were hosted. Hopefully something really usable will come with new UI and bring life to online experience. For now for good online experience you need to find league or racing clubs like on RD or here in online races forum section .
    So I guess it's still niche simracing market and most rF2 users are more "serious" and don't want to join random server with random people and majority prefer clean, organized races.

3. STF YVR

STF YVR Registered

An official server would help indeed. Online is completely dead in my timezone too atm (APAC)

marvelharvey and Sean_S36 like this.
  4. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

It would be good if multiplayer UI showed ai or real player before click on enter server? got exited before, as I found a server with 20 people but after 5 min of installing track (which was great idea) and loading , turned out every person was a AI :( if I knew before press enter I would saved 10 minutes and tried other server. what say you 396?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  5. Gioel Guazzo

Gioel Guazzo Registered

I think there are 3 official servers of Studio 397 without bots, you must search with filter "S397". There is one with Nola, one with Sebring and another one with Palm Beach... 2 with GT3 and 1 with GTE. All with 10 minutes of practice, 10 minutes of qualify and 15 minutes of race. I think if all people will go there... there would be some movement on the track...

STF YVR, Alex72 and avenger82 like this.
  6. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

This is useful information thanks I didn't know that! I'll give that a try even just for practise on my own. I think it would work better if the practise was removed and it was just Q+R that seems to work well on AC servers to get people in.

AlanK likes this.
  7. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

Yes I've been on the S397 servers for a few days now, good quick racing love it.

Alex72 likes this.