[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Hi,
    With this new pBR or how is it called damplugin is causing an issue.
    I cant exit rf2 without ending it in task manager.

Just put the file again in the folder and bam, not able to exit

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thanks mate,

Can you confirm whether this happens if you only start the game and then immediately exit? Or do you need to load up a track, and/or jump in the car?

Also, can you attach your damplugin.ini file? This exit crash/freeze doesn't happen to everyone, including me, so anything that will help me replicate it is good.

3. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Yep, confirmed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xQOOZYwRXMUGVeBhRsbPMg7COcfy0St9/view?usp=sharing

Lazza likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Nice find :cool:

I'm not sure it's worth bumping up the ground speed (note you can get it to 20Hz with a high data rate (4), or obviously 100Hz if you put everything on full (5)), as you're relying on driven lines being identical in order for a direct comparison to be made. You'll never be that accurate because of the way i2Pro stretches and shrinks each lap's data to fit. The game only provides lap distance (which would have its own inaccuracies anyway) at 5Hz so that's not an option either.

d0nd33 likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I've uploaded v0.80, but the only change here is some output logging specifically during shutdown.

@W Lukas I still can't replicate the shutdown crashing/freezing on my side, so I've added extra messages to the UserData\player\DAMPlugin_Output.txt file. If an exit crash occurs I'm hoping the contents of that file will help me track down what's causing the issue.

6. Louis

Louis Registered

Just a warning to you guys with problems. It isnt just some plug-ins that are making rf2 crash with the new update. To me, 1975 mod also gives a ctd (not being able to click task manager or anything)

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

While it's true that an exit crash can be caused by many things, and it's easy to suspect something it's not, there definitely shouldn't be any interaction between content and this plugin - so if someone can consistently produce the exit crash only by putting this plugin in, for them I'd say it's definitely causing a problem :)

8. Louis

Louis Registered

I know @Lazza . Its just a friendly reminder if someone still experiences ctds after removing the broken plugin (based in my own experience)

9. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

I am on endurance pack right now, but will be able to check 0.8 after holidays, should be Thursday @Lazza

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just the usual heads-up, some antivirus programs (mainly Defender) pick up the Handler as a trojan of some sort, grab the manual install archive if it's causing you issues. Avast is happy so far this time, for me at least.

11. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Attached Files:

Lazza likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@W Lukas Interesting, so it's actually frozen while processing a log. If it's not too much hassle I'd appreciate if you could zip that log file up and put it somewhere for me to download (if it's too big don't worry), either way if it's not something you're after (a lost log for example) you can remove it and see if the game then exits properly.

I should also say, if it's a large log it might just take a while to process, but if the building process fails for some strange reason it might never finish.

13. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

U mean zip the log folder or the last file?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14or-Z-USjT1lAFYJPXZ3ajAGeTZhzeeq/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: deleting the folder fixed the issue, thx!!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just the file :)

@W Lukas Ok, the logfile you've attached is basically empty but very big, so something's probably gone wrong during the build. If you can still pull the .ldtemp file out and attach it that would be great, but no drama if not. (it might provide me a clue as to what went wrong)

15. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Dont have ldtemp file:(

16. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I just installed the plugin and also started having getting total rF2 freezes after disabling logging (when finalizing/building log). Strangely it worked fine first several recording sessions but now the game freezes and huge logs are created (up to few GB for a lap) and they are locked by a process after killing the game.

I thought that setting: Realtime building = 0 would help, but it worked only once and then again after one lap logging the build process couldn't finish.

I've attached (default) setup and svm files.
    Edit: Also attached .ld file which had almost 4GB, but I managed to compress it to 561KB! So probably contains junk.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  17. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I changed track (to Road Atlanta) and no freezing...(so far).

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@avenger82 Just for info, my usual use-case is to have logging enabled, and just exit to the monitor and the log gets built (converted from a temp file). That might be what you're doing, just not sure based on your description.

I have briefly tried enabling and disabling logging in other ways, but the above is how I normally do it so I'd trust that more. I'll see if I can see anything wrong with the logging timing etc.

Thanks for letting me know!

19. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I set it disabled by default and just enable manually at the beginning of a lap because my goal was to log only one lap.
    But then I changed back to default enabled and pretty much everything default, but it didn't help. As I said I changed Realtime building to 0 and I thought it worked as first time I exit to monitor it build successfully, but then consecutive tries I had the same issue. Also changed Capture partial log =2 parameter which I guess is only effective when logging is enabled by default. Very short recordings sometimes to worked, but longer (around one lap) caused rF2 freeze when building log and I always had to kill rF2. .
    But I don't believe it was the settings fault because it then worked several times on different track. Maybe it was something was broken on Zandvoort.
    I will experiment more soon. Thanks for taking a look at it.

20. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Today i logged several times including 3 times on Zandvoort and luckingly still no freeze.
    But I also have another issue that sometimes when I open logs in i2 Pro telemetry is wrongly scaled and zoomed in. I can zoom out horizontally but then graphs are clipped - see i.e. clipped Engine RPM: MoTeC_wrong_scale.PNG
    Actual minimum is 4K but on graph 6300.
    Some for some other values have also too small scale.
    Sometimes it's OK when I open from the start, but sometimes it looks like only small part is recorded/logged.
    I think it's i2 Pro issue because I can manually set min and max values to match real recorded values. Wonder why it sometimes happen and if there's way to rescale graphs/channels after ful zoom out horizontally.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019