rFchallengers DLC - New GT3 cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JuanP006, Dec 12, 2018.

1. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Jaguar has any GT3 version ?

3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

4. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Porsche 911 R, BMW M6 and Audi R8 LMS so far. (great to be able to expand the GT3 field from 5 cars to 10 cars)
    What about :
    Lexus RC F
    Aston Martin Vantage V12
    Acura Honda NSX
    Lamborghini Huracan
    Emil Frey Jaguar
    ;) (not sure if all of these are in other sims !)
    Great Xmas present, looking forward to running them !
    Thanks for your hard work S397 !

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Nitrometh likes this.
  5. RoWo

RoWo Member

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If they bring this with the Cup version as a bonus would be mega, but then this is the car that should be in the first pack instead of the Radical :D

Sebastien Sestacq and Nitrometh like this.
  7. DEK

DEK Registered

Are the new GT3 an addition to the existing ones? Will they be updated, too?

8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

What, there is a GT3 with V12 engine ?

I cross my fingers for the Aston V12 GT3 ......

9. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

DrivingFast and PieterN like this.
  10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I saw bunch of new Audi screens in facebook. I wonder if the pack will come before 2019, because the model seems to be work in progress to me, though there are no work in progress notes. For example few details at the diffuser, rims and tire shading, outside windshield tint, radiator shiny (completely closed?), rear trackwidth, brightness of inside panels behind rear wheels... But I don't care about the appearances, as long as it will be immersive to drive it and race against it.

11. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I don't think the latest GT3 Aston uses a V12, think its a bit more sonically boring V8. But it still sounds better than many of the other V8s, where the phrase "bag of hammers" springs to mind...

Whilst I understand people asking for something other than GT3, it does make sense to provide this second pack and I'd advocated for it at the release of the first one. There are 3 potential usage patterns: first, some people always race the fastest car in class; second, people race the car whose physics best matches their own driving style; and third, they drive a specific brand because they have an emotional connection to that brand regardless of performance. Therefore, having as diverse a set of cars/brands in a class satisfies 2/3rds of that space; they get to run physics that suit their style, or run a brand they love.

So I say, bring on the Porsche, BMW, Audi and whatever brand is outstanding, to add to those we already have. Whilst it's true the Lambo and Audi share many underpinnings and might be a bit "cut and paste", there are teams that run one or the other in real life so there must be some performance difference even if only aero. It's nice to know we'll be getting a vehicle that no other game has, but I was also not that impressed with the Radical last time, though for point 2 above, to each his own.

When iRacing introduced a GT3 it was the Macca. It stayed alone for a long time. The GT3 class racing finally took off when several more brands/cars were added, and participation massively increased. It's true that each new GT3 they introduce doesn't create a big lift in participation now, given so many options, but it does maintain it and certain "halo" brands have had a sizeable impact; you can't expect every one to do so though, eventually it is diminishing returns but we've not reached that point here yet. A refresh every year or two seems like a good strategy here; or another class like GT4 will become more popular, in real world, so switch to that as the focus.

Credit card is ready.

McKiernan likes this.
  12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Personally I’d prefer cars that no other sim has, but I understand the draw for these cars like Porsche Audi and merc etc as they are the staple for gt3
    Licensing can be a big hurdle for small dev teams so hopefully in the future we can have more series that other sims don’t have

13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The new version uses a Mercedes AMG V8 turbo engine.

DrivingFast likes this.
  14. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Based on how they are unveiling these cars, we should expect a new car tomorrow, with additional pics on Monday. Then another unveil on Tuesday, with additional pics on Wednesday. All of their other packs has been at 5 cars. So, i'm making the assumption this will be no different. With the timing, I would expect a Christmas release (Give or take a day or two), or a New Years day release.

As for ideas of what they will be... I have ideas but we'll see.

15. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I am hoping for this coming Friday :D
    More options in the Tuning screen would be welcome.
    Tyre Options would enable one to change the tyres for the AI.
    Still...looking very much forward to it.

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

4 cars are announced, you expect 2 additional cars and say that it will be no different to the others packs with 5 cars. I can´t follow your thoughts

17. Filip

Filip Registered

Where did they mention 4 cars ?

18. Emery

Emery Registered

Pretty sure the release is dependent on the new shaders being released. Don't know if that's independent of releasing the UI.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

After the 3rd car, they used a plural "GT3s in a tweet discussing the upcoming announcements" Many folks prior to this seemed to think this carpak would just be 4 cars. But they indicated the plural usage was correct, so AT LEAST 5 cars. And I agree with Fil, I haven't seen the 4th car yet.

20. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

...you guys forgetting the Bentley, the Corvette C7r and the Maclaren GT3s. I'd like to see the Ferrari officially licensed. Regardless, the GT3 field will be awesome.

Nitrometh likes this.