Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not sure yet if Bryan will use Noels' GetMod service to make it automatic in future, but I think right now he's put Botniaring on there, so you can just grab that from the workshop and make sure you have the F3s (standard content, check subscription), then it'll work fine.

Alex72 likes this.
  2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thanks Lazza for all your help. Much appreciated. I do have both those. :) Lets see if it works this time around hehe.

3. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Excellent race today at Autopolis, Japan! 10 brave F3 pilots competed for all the Sake in the World. And I didn't win. But I had superb racing with Mr. Cookie lap after lap, wheel to wheel, balls out all the way baby. Great great fun. Your missing out if your missing these races. Bryan has Oschersleben up now, it's in the workshop!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    nonamenow likes this.
  4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

@Alex..Just grab the track from the workshop and you're good to go.....

5. Tucker Fleming

Gonna miss this Saturday, have fun in the funmobiles!

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Here I was thinking Oschersleben was somehow another name for Botniaring… lucky I tried to join just now, rather than finding out tomorrow :)

nonamenow and Tucker Fleming like this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not sure what happened to you Jim, I didn't even see your name til about 3 mins to go. I would have chatted but I couldn't bring up TS and I wasn't sure who was talking, so I jumped out of the game to do that.

I had half a good race, few more missed gearchanges and optimistic changes down to 2nd after braking too late which spun me round, but not far off on pace.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Alex72 So Bryan's put Botniaring on there again for next weekend, though he's fairly sure they've raced it before. I can't see it in this thread (apart from when I said it would be on, last week) but the races aren't really announced on here. Anyway, at this stage it'll be Botniaring, qualifying starts about 2 hours ago in a week's time.

*And if you were there on a different name, disregard :)

Alex72 likes this.
  9. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I'll have to remember to get on TS next time, Lazza. I fell to the back the first few laps, but had fun moving back up. Great driving by all I saw.

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I remember Botniaring being on the server a while back but I think it got switched before the race. Yep, was a great race as usual. Have fun no matter where I am in the race. Bryan and I had a good race together battling down the back.

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  11. Tucker Fleming

Was Botniaring...now it's this:

Circuito de Jerez v1.26

Copy and paste into workshop search and subscribe! Hope to be there this week!

jimagn likes this.
  12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I turn my back for 5 minutes....:):rolleyes:

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

At this rate I'll never race at Botniaring :p

14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Cheers Lazza. No i missed it due to messing with my PC, lol. Bought 3 different cooling paste and a new bigger heatsink cooler. Got stuck testing everything. Will deffo join in the near future tho. :)

15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Really sorry I wasn't there guys. Having a few health issues the last month or so. Hope everyone has a great and of course, a very SAFE Christmas and New Year. Hopefully there for the next race.

16. Tucker Fleming

Hey Paul!
    Glad your ok, we missed you. And Bryan was missing too.
    There was no admin and we couldn't get organized enough to vote the 5 AI guys out of the race so they raced with us. Good race at a good track.
    I saw Mid-Ohio up, that's always fun!

nonamenow likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I certainly thought it was a good race, but I spent half of it in the battle for 1st, so I would :p

I nearly had cookie run up my backside after I completely stuffed up a gearchange early on, but after that I almost had a totally clean race which I'm happy about. Unfortunately I misjudged mid-corner speed differences behind Lee and that put me behind as I recovered from a half spin, think I stuffed up his rhythm and I never really got mine back either.

These cars are exactly what more people should be doing I think. Nothing fancy, not the fastest, but they teach some basics and you have time to think about how you're transferring weight and attacking corners - and unless you go crazy you can usually recover from a mistake without too much time loss.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't connect to Mid Ohio. Get mod installation failed, tried through the steam server browser and it initially seemed happier, but then paused. Clicked Race and it went back to installation failed. I'm getting an .rfmod file but ModMgr says it's damaged. Might just be me, but can't be bothered.

19. Tucker Fleming

Isn't it in workshop? If it's the Virtua LM it should be there. Search Mid-Ohio

20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

All ok here. Hope you get it sorted Lazza.