Sebring track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Nascimento, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Rui Nascimento

Rui Nascimento Registered

Hi...... I loaded Steam with 8.99 euros to buy Sebring track ... The receipt of my paypal is in my possession, the purchase was finalized and so far Steam has not installed the track !!
    I would greatly appreciate some help...
    Thanks

2. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

Close and open steam. Then open rfactor 2, it should work

Rui Nascimento likes this.
  3. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I'm having the same problem. I realized I had not bought Sebring, so I bought it 2 hours ago, and now it won't download. I have subscribed to it in the workshop, but no download. I let rF2 try to download from in game download, but it sat for almost an hour before I gave up.
    Apparently, the Steam workshop doesn't think I've purchased the track, even though it says "Subscribed".

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Try to un- and resubscribe.

5. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I finally got it to install.
    I had to unsubscribe (4-5 times or more, lost count), then delete the content folder where the workshop items are stored. Then enter Steam client and subscribe. Close Steam. Restart Steam, Restart rF2, then it installed along with all my subscribed items. It only took 4+ hours to figure it out.

Well that didn't work. I have now gone to scorched earth and I am waiting for the reinstall to finish. It really should not be this hard. Almost 5-6 hours into it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  6. Filip

Filip Registered

I am 99% confident this is a steam problem

7. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Well that didn't work. I have now gone to scorched earth and I am waiting for the reinstall to finish. It really should not be this hard. Almost 5-6 hours into it.

lol, I get a failed to verify for Sebring now.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  8. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Finally.
    I had to go to Steam/Steamapps/Workshop/Content/365960 and click each folder in there to find an empty folder, and delete that.
    BTW, my rF2 install is on it's own SSD, so there wasn't any other Steam game installed there, only rF2.
    120+ folders I had to look at.

If this was a Steam problem, I think they owe me a free rF2 purchase. 8 hours to find and fix. All I wanted to do was do a few laps with some cars.

9. Filip

Filip Registered

Steam/Steamapps/Workshop/ is managed by steam client so this is definitely steam bug.