Latest Roadmap Update - November 2018

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2018.

1. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

New UI, a big variety of formula cars, are going to have a system similar to SRS (www.simracingsystem.com / iRacing :p) for competitions?, every hour a race, ranking, open for everyone, etc?.
    And with the new material system, are we going to see substantial changes in the cockpits of the cars?
    BTW, it's amazing how many changes (for good) have this game had in recent years.

bluet likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As I said, Korva7 might be onto something with the damping either in the wheel (driver) or the game itself as a side effect of not changing the wheel's lock on the driver side. I'm totally open to that. From what you've described there shouldn't be any change in accuracy as you were using vehicle set before and after, so each car's full rotation isn't changing (and the driver lock setting doesn't make the physical wheel any more or less accurate).

Re placebo, I think you are dimissing it too quickly, but many people have the wrong impression of it. I've seen so many examples (in gaming and other areas) that it should never be discounted. And it's not something you can overcome by being smart or something (people tend to take offense at the suggestion, like people are calling them stupid). One thing's for sure: without some scientific measurement and/or comparisons you can never say for sure it's not placebo. There are some really interesting reads around the place regarding this sort of thing, audio cables are a fascinating subject just in themselves.

mesfigas likes this.
  3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Lazza i dont snob placebo chance
    i just try to find out why i felt so good with handling after patch
    i search for logical explanation thats all
    i still do try figure why handling was great but i still cant remember if i had any special setting on my car setup that makes car enter inside corners so good and so accurate
    i just cant remember
    all i remember was after patch trying Norma at Sebring (laserscanned) and having just set the 1080 degrees in json and in TM control panel :)

4. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

If you think it could have been something damping related, you can try to get further improvement by adjusting this line in controller.json "Steering resistance coefficient":0.1,

mesfigas likes this.
  5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

what exactly it does when adding positive values and when adding negative values ?

6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  7. whitmore

whitmore Registered

TISMIKEY , what values did you use in the controller file. I have SC4 profiles for each type of car and have the wheel rotation set in each of the profiles. MY base Accuforce setting is 360 degree so if using the wheel for games that don't support SC4 there is a general setting to use. Also Accuforce has its own stop damper settings do these have to be turned off if using the RF2 settings?
    As I have been using individual SC4 car profiles I have not has any trouble with wheel rotation setting that I know of. Just a bit confused how the RF2 settings are meant to work.

8. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Certainly, we are still waiting on the last pieces of content to be delivered before we can start validating and packaging this pack.

Jinty, Rui Santos, Ernie and 3 others like this.
  9. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

I was just setting as “vehicle select” and changing the steering rotation for each car with the simcmander overlay in game. It’s pretty easy but this solution is better. Now I can set it at 900 and forget it

10. misi

misi Registered

likely

11. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I have never tried negative values. higher positive value adds damping. 0 is then no damping.

12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

the default is 0.1
    if i start raising to the possitive side (0.1 0.2 0.3 ,,,,,,,etc) it messes with my ffb badly but on 1.0 level i found a trick with the throttle :) haha
    my best was minus 1 setting (-1.0).
    i ll leave it on the default

13. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Negative values are used for overcoming the internal friction of a wheel. E.g T500 has quite a bit of intenal resistance which can be overcome by setting negative values by adding a sort of power assist. The idea isn't to make the car feel like it has power steering, but instead to overcome the resistance of the wheel so it almost floats and will therefore relay the ffb instructions from rfactor more accurately.

Anyone with a T500 should try these ffb settings for Rfactor to see the improvement:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dodds-t500-force-feedback-tweaks.20201/updates

Juwe Lahann likes this.
  14. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

@Marcel Offermans would it be possible to release a Tatuus whith > 200PS in the next 2 month or even until silvester, maybe even announced as Beta if not fully finished? It would be important to compare it to the USF for future league planning. The USF is imo a bit too slow, only 180PS. The PM-18 with 250 or the F3 with 270PS would fit perfectly between USF and GP3 (which is allready very fast in my opinion for online racing). Those both are highly interesting for league racing
    Thx

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@doddynco
    i tried different values testing with Norma at sebring with my T150 sw
    i dont like the positive values
    negatives works better but i ll stay at the default setting for the moment

16. Juwe Lahann

Juwe Lahann Registered

OK, the reiza pack has been announced for the end of august and its still in development... But for me it's not a problem. We all want this dlc to feel like the AMS content and I think reiza knows this. They just want to meet our expectations. Maybe it is not that easy to convert with all the additional values in physics, but I guess it will be great when its done.

17. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

Hi guys,

Steam shows v1112 and most files in my rF2 folder now dates from dec. first but, the rFactor2 executable still states version 1.1.1.1

What's up?

18. Juwe Lahann

Juwe Lahann Registered

Yeah, i'm using this since the last update on RD, and its really great. Had to set the resistance coefficient to -0,35 to -0,4 because i needed a bit more resistance. But even with standard -0,6 setting from this tweak my laptimes have improved. Countersteering is better too. Recommendable for t500rs users.

19. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Same here...probably just a case of the metadata not being updated, game is v1112 though when played.

20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Juwe Lahann
    i v found the negative values of resistance coefficient to works well with my T150 as well
    positive values creates an unwanted effect that messes with my driving