SOLVED IMPORTANT Logitech G29 Wheel Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hans Tesmo, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

why do you make such a big deal about this issue? Did you check my workaround?

2. Palmy

Palmy Registered

yes I checked your solution thanks but for me it does not work and then it's a trick but not the definitive solution that I expect, anyway thanks

3. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

It must work the workaround if you are using r factor 2 standard out of the box without amending config files.
    I would suggest you delete the game and reinstall it again with a clean installation

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Whoa, hang on a second. That's like having an engine running a bit rough and the mechanic straight away wants to do a full rebuild.

First do a Steam verify game files.

If that doesn't work then backup (rename with _BAK added) the player.JSON and Controller.JSON ( both in the player folder) and your custom controller profile.JSON in the Controller folder.
    Start rFactor and it will give you new JSON files.

If that doesn't help, delete the UserData folder and restart rFactor.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

I think people are misunderstanding what you mean by this workaround. To be clear, if I understood it correctly it's just a way to match degrees, it doesn't set degrees per vehicle automatically. It's pretty clear most users are looking for the auto set degrees option and for that we have to wait for S397 solution.

6. Palmy

Palmy Registered

[QUOTE = "stonec, post: 961381, membro: 32071"] Penso che le persone stiano fraint cosa cosa intendi con questa soluzione alternativa. Per essere chiari, se ho capito bene è solo un modo per abbinare i gradi, non imposta automaticamente i gradi per veicolo. È piuttosto chiaro che la maggior parte degli utenti sta cercando l'opzione di gradi automatici e per questo. [/ CITAZIONE]

exact! it's frustrating every time you change auto having to reset the right rotation degrees in the software

7. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

A very frustrating, albeit not game braking problem for all us G920/29 owners.

That said, both Chris and Marcell have confirmed that not only is the bug acknowledged but it is actively being worked on.

Sit tight a little longer !

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Then it will be us OSW SimuCUBE owners turn to get auto set degrees.
    I suppose that means we have to start complaining about not having it.

9. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Just for information, if someone, like me, missed it.
    There is a new logitech software/driver for the G29 and G920 available since 20.08.2018.

10. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

any news about rotation bug fixing?

11. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

It's been acknowledged and is actively being worked on.
    Hopefully soon!

12. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

Update:
    After Two and almost a half Year since Reporting Wheel Degree Issue's the G29 / G920 Wheels had on this Thread and after Three Years since the initial rFactor 2 Release on Steam, rFactor 2 Dev's finally implemented fully G29 / G920 Support with their newest 1.1112 Build which got released Yesterday on November 30th. Custom Car Specific Wheel Degree now sets automatically for each unique Car, tested and confirmed.

EsxPaul and Fremen78 like this.
  13. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Should have just bought a belt drive wheel lol

14. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Can't really say that... Logitech wheels are still selling well, so of course it should be supported... Quite a shame it took such a long time.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Yeah I was just playing

Bjørn likes this.
  16. jdaddle

jdaddle Registered

g29 may be working but now my g27 doesn't since update

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@jdaddle I answered you in the build thread, please only post there, this thread is G29 related.

18. kashif

kashif Registered

Initially, when the updated was released, the degree of rotation problem was fixed and I tested it out. Today, I started the game and the bug has returned. I have no idea what has caused it to come back. I just reformatted my entire Windows 10, and it's still there.

Am I the only one that this has happened to? Any ideas for solutions?

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@kashif I'd say just use the software lock workaround and then you never have to worry about it again. rF2 leaves my T500 rotation on whatever the last vehicle was set to if I let rF2 control it, so I've gone back to just 900 deg in the control panel, configured rF2 as such, enabled soft lock, and away we go. No more issues.

20. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Did you update the Logitech drive recently, I updated my Logitech drivers to the 9.02.65 drivers and the rotation went haywire the rotation of the wheel bears no resemblance to what's on screen, its about half what you see on screen and I didn't have the older drivers on my hard drive, so I couldn't go back. The only solution I could come up with was to uncheck vehicle set and to manually set the rotation to 900 degrees, it's not correct but its closer to what you see on screen. It must conflict with S397 update some how. So my advice to anybody considering to update there Logitech drives is DON'T. Hope this may be of help to G29 owners.