Bad sim performance at night

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Endurancer, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Endurancer

Endurancer Registered

Thanks Lazza, will do that tonight.

I have reduced the resolution. The FPS are now around 100 and stable (but you believe that is not relevant to this issue anyway....).

No AI, I am practicing for an online event and there were no opponents during the night test. In the servers list ping shows 254ms. I suppose no problem because at daylight, with 9-10 opponents, no problem.

And I am actually about 15-17s slower, pushing hard. I need to be a lot conservative do get so slow in daylight. Actually, these are the lap times I had when I was learning the trackā€¦. Does not make sense to me.

2. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Suggestion: load an offline session, 24h long, high but not too much time acceleration with good rubber on track and fixed real road timescale. Start with daylight, do your laps as fast as you can trying to match your best laps. Then wait for the night (cntrl+x to accelerate the time), do some laps as fast as you can and check how the delta bar behaves, if you lose on braking, in acceleration etc.

3. Filip

Filip Registered

Can you check on some other short track that you know very well if you are slower at night? For better test track should have similar fps performance as Nordshleife.

McKiernan likes this.
  4. Endurancer

Endurancer Registered

Thanks Lazza, I used DAMPlugin and confirmed that I don't have a sync issue. Time loss chanel shows 0 (zero) all the time.

5. Endurancer

Endurancer Registered

Thanks krusti, your idea led me to some tests and, to make it short, I think this helped me to find out that difference in the real road between the day/night practice servers I were using could be the explanation. I will do more tests in local sessions with known real roads to confirm.

Daniele Vidimari likes this.