Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Next week is Watkin's Glen, boot version! Back to 'Murca for more F3 fun!

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yep, I will be there. Managed to get everything done at work and all signed off from the relevant authority. Was still practising on Saturday as I'm sure we'll end up back there again. @ Emery...I'm worse. Only managed to get down to 9:20 and still bouncing off everything....

3. Emery

Emery Registered

I managed a low 8:30 in the race on, I think, the last lap, but was plagued by mishaps on the other three laps (turned into Lazza twice on the start because I didn't see him). Need to go through my setup files as the one I grabbed did not feel good at all and I kept trying to tweak it into shape during practice and qualifying.

I like the thought of Watkins Glen w/boot (it will be the conversion of lilski's AC version, right? right?), but not sure whether I'll have returned from Thanksgiving at the in-laws.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I need to check my replay, was that you Emery? :D If it was I definitely remember at least one, I tried to back out at the last moment but still caught your rear tyre.

Nords is definitely one least reliant on setup I think (at least until you're doing very fast times), I'm concentrating on improving my driving first so with these things (specifically the Eve, as when I first joined this server it was the default option - much thought and consideration involved) I'm just using default, but with the brake bias back a couple of percent after it was suggested by someone when I first did some laps at Rouen. That got me a 8:23, but to be fair my memories of the track from rF1 (albeit ~2011) helped a lot after some laps in practice to piece it all together. Clean lap but definitely still some time on the table on a lot of the corners.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Emery Yep, just the one incident I can see, I could have got out of there earlier, I didn't even hit the brake as we made contact. Not that I was going to just give up the corner :D but once I was riding the kerb I was always going to run out of room.

And happy to report I didn't have anything to do with Bryan sliding off the track, he was clear behind me. I need to adjust my mirrors (or get used to them) I think.

Emery likes this.
  6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

And again "the Glen" didn't disappoint. great driving from all heaps of fun :)

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  7. Tucker Fleming

Another really good one. I was able to get alongside the EVEs on the back straight but the little Sparky didn't have the power to pass!
    I missed my Sparky team mate!

8. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I see the server is setup for "Sveg Raceway." Anyone have a dl link? Downloading from the race server seems to take me for ever. TIA

9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Sorry guys, hectic few weeks and haven't been able to make it. Will try and get some praccy in today and tomo and be ready for the race. Sparky no.2 will be back....;)

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  10. Tucker Fleming

It's a workshop track, shouldn't be a problem if you subscribe to it...it takes a few laps to learn it so get out there and give it a whirl!

jimagn likes this.
  11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yeah, I have the track and the server realroad, just have to get on. Work and visitors are playing havoc on my fun atm......:(:)

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Server build update or should I go back to 1111 for tomorrow?

13. Tucker Fleming

Ya Bryan needs to update the server...I can't even get on it now. I'll send him a note.

jimagn likes this.
  14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I messaged him yesterday but he hasn't been on as yet.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Rolling back to 1111 is only ~60 megs, I did it last night, so that's an option.

*Nevermind, I see it's on 1112 now :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  16. Eddy

Eddy Registered

sorry guys i had to bail out again......huge freeze again on my side .....sigh. @Lazza great seeing you on the server, shame i don't know how it turned out in the end.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I figured you had an issue @Eddy , turning into the wall on the straight didn't seem like something you'd have chosen to do :p

I had a great battle with Bryan for 3rd, unfortunately his game crashed with a few laps to go so was left by myself. Despite the spin a lap later. Got into the 3:11s, but I reckon I could match BackFire's 3:09... if I had a different car :oops:

Eddy likes this.
  18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

i'd say get yourself a turbo on that F3 @Lazza ;) these guys are from an other planet

nonamenow and Tucker Fleming like this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Good fun as usual, I'm having a go at manual gears (with @Seven Smiles' realistic gearshift) which I think I can blame for 80% of my mistakes with fluffed gearchanges and sometimes just not finding a gear - I'll try to blame that anyway.

Re the short FFB discussion, I've got my multiplier set to 0.60 in the Eve and in some of those corners in the race I had 70-80% FFB output (peaks above 90, so those 70s and 80s aren't aberrations), so worth keeping an eye on. Definitely agree with keeping the wheel itself on full though, hopefully this stuff can be made a little clearer in the game itself so people can make the most of their hardware and the game.

Not sure what these 'setups' people were talking about after the race are, I'm not that keen :)

Seven Smiles likes this.
  20. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

How do you join MP server easiest? Is everything taken cared of by the launcher? Like downloading the mods etc or do i need to have certain things before i try to join a server?

I tried once like a year ago and it downloaded tons of stuff, and in the end it just kicked me, lol. :D I gave up after that but i really like to do some friendly racing in rF2.