Servers/Players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by me you, Nov 7, 2018.

1. me you

me you Registered

Quick question- There doesn't seem to be many public servers/players at all- where does everyone race? Also- picked up raceroom- same issue- hardly any servers with players, same with assetto corsa-

Anyone race iracing? Are there a lot of servers/players there?

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

A lot depends on what timezone you're in, eg here in Australia you won't see many servers with people in until 1900 local time most days of the week.

3. Balazs Floszmann

Balazs Floszmann Registered

EU, U.S. and AU timezone/servers as well, every day raceday...
    https://www.racedepartment.com/calendar/upcoming-races

4. me you

me you Registered

Thank You folks, that is a start-

5. Balazs Floszmann

Balazs Floszmann Registered

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am yet to experience rF2 online racing. I see some tempting races there in RD, but I'm not going to buy premium membership purely because it is matter of principle.

Would be kool if rF2 would have its own "SRS". I am looking forward to new UI, perhaps better more comfortable online support will be introduced as well.

7. Jerry Schuryk

Jerry Schuryk Registered

A matter of principle that someone is offering something you think you’d like for essentially nothing ($1 or so per month)?

I haven’t raced there in almost a year but I’m a premium member just in case one day I might want to race there again and want them to be around at that point.

Balazs Floszmann likes this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Too much exposure to arcades and semicades IMO Simulation is becoming secondary there in my view. SO thats the principle. However i am happy that they still support simracing.

rF2 averages 400 players per day, so I think it would be reasonable to have at least one-two full open community servers. One thing which gets in the way IMO is that you don't know if server is filled by AI or real people, if it would change it probably would bring more luck to online mode in rF2, simply just knowing how many REAL people are in the server.

9. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

My 5+ years membership ended about 1 year back - because I hated iRacings lousy tire model/car-behavoring :) :)
    But conserning online participation then if you join the most popular series then you can more or less allways find some constantly populated ones.
    But if you fancy more special series like as example the Lotus 49/79 or Nissan GTP then the servers are pure ghost towns until (maybe!) weekends where 1 or 2 races are able to go official(= more than 7 drivers).
    Be aware this is the road side. The oval side are more populated - at least in the US time slots.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

lol dude how old are you? what the heck xD

Most people play offline, if those avg 400 were mostly online there would be public servers.
    Also lack of any kind of rating makes public races a mess, they do happen when there is a new car (or a popular track like Sebring) but quickly disappear mostly for that reason. Join a league or grow up and get RD premium membership, it's worth it even if you only race rF2, I mean... you know you are not forced to race all the games, right?

Balazs Floszmann likes this.
  11. me you

me you Registered

[[One thing which gets in the way IMO is that you don't know if server is filled by AI or real people,]]

Exactly- wish the servers woudl indicate beforehand which are real and which are AI- it takes so long to start a track that it becomes tedious tryign one server after another tryign to find real players-

On a side not,e I am trying iracing- yeah, i know, it's expensive, but so far I've only spent $7 for a month, and am havign some pretty awesome races, but only on two ovals and one road track for now- but that's ok- still in rookie, so the racign is a little dicey but it's ok- adds to the excitement tryign to avoid the pileups lol- but for the most part peopel do try to drive well as they lose safety rating if they don't-

I do wish Rfactor had way more peopel playing htough as I think it's a much better sim, and will perhaps try the membership here for some good races too :)