Track Simulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bravotangosix, Oct 29, 2018.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

People would bitch moan that there setup was handled completely different, due to track temps, i for one think this is a major feature that needs to be implemented, partly because it would show up any flaws in the tyre and S397 would have to rectify them, so this feature would advance the tyre model

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  2. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I agree, a noise modifier in 3dsmax in very slight order of magnitude is always welcome even there's no real data to support (LS). And rf2 seems not to suffer with dense grid points for tracks on the performance side.

Alex72 likes this.
  3. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

it surprises me when people say that rF2 is the most real simulator, I personally do not understand it, the tires are always handled better in the minimum pressure, there is an excessive oversteer, the track temperature has no effect on the tire, it can change gears without clutch, can reduce gear like an F1 in any car, there is no aquaplaning ...

I really do not know why people say that rF2 is more realistic than any other simulator, rF2 is as far from reality as any other simulator.

Karei likes this.
  4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Lowest pressures mean nothing, excessive oversteer= fix ya setup,
    Even though I can’t disagree with the other aspects missing in this sim, what this sim does have, is better than any other, = physics, that’s why

David Kolody likes this.
  5. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

the minimum pressure is an error, it does not make sense to change the pressure, the lower pressure will always be better, in rF2 you have more grip and less wear, this is not real.
    The oversteer is not the result of a bad configuration, in rF2 all the cars have oversteer, I have never noticed understeer. I have read several pilots complaining about excessive oversteer and personally I think they are right.

When you talk about physics, what do you mean? physics encompasses many sections, I really do not think that rF2 is better in all of them.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In real life lower pressure generally does equate to more grip, the issue becomes structural which rF2 doesn't do (but nor does any other game). Wear is difficult to gauge, because we only have a single percentage figure for wear.

Have you really never had an understeering car in rF2? Have you tried many?

7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

More realistic doesnt mean 100% realistic. It just means more than others. Not naming names but if you can sit in an old school F1 car and floor it from stand still and not having to worry about anything and while going down bumpy straights being able to take a zip of coffee then i would say rF2 is way close to reality because you cant take a zip and you do have to worry while flooring high powered cars.

bravotangosix and mantasisg like this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think you might be wrong, Falonso. Or you should be more exact. I drove Howston G6 at Monaco yesterday. Lowest grip gave more apparent grip, but it really didn't because car was more slugish, less responsive. Highest pressure was worse with apparent grip because load sensitivity increased notably, but car became more precise and responsive, which was good for tight turns of Monaco 1966. And I improved my laptime by two seconds comparing to lowest pressures.

Then I took Spark F2 to Oulton, tried default and then highest pressures. Highest pressures were a little slower there. Felt faster and more responsive through slower turns, but was slower through fast long turns where soft settings gives more advantages.

As for understeer, Mclaren GT3 by S397 is understeery by default setup. In fact a lot of cars a understeery by default. You can still oversteer them depending on how you drive. But essentially most cars have setups which are dialed towards understeer, for example softer rear ARB's than front ARB's...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    bravotangosix likes this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Low Pressures have been part of Racing since they were first fiddled with, whether RF2 is "Right" or "Wrong" is not for me to say at this time but if Lower pressures result in better performance then they maybe a lot closer to "Right" than "Wrong".

This is an old example from the Real World:

"While the recommended minimum pressure for the Dunlop Sport Maxx control tyre is 18psi, it is thought some teams have experimented with settings down into single figures, primarily to extend the life of the sprint (soft) tyre."
    https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/tyres-under-pressure/

Since that example above (2014) the Aussie Supercars have included Tire Pressure Sensors.

10. Filip

Filip Registered

Usually I find lowest pressures in RF2 give me best results but as mantasisg said it is not always the case.
    For instance Formula Ford mod at Oulton was undriveable for me on lowest pressure. It was sluggish, higher tire pressure made it much better.

11. KittX

KittX Registered

Hate to be that guy, but now it's time to scan some sections of Nordschleife again, and until that all sims will have it wrong.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thats a great video ! :) Obvously whole Nords has to be redone from scratch now :D