SOLVED G29 vibration is ridiculous

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Trebor901, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

Been through this forum and through numerous threads trying to sort this out, and its impossible, had smoothing turned off and min torque set to 0% at times and the wheel will still see saw from left to right all of its own accord, im actually losing the will to even bother with this sim now because of it.

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

There are people here with more experience than me with your wheel but from what I remember;
    You need smoothing, your wheel has plastic gears and the high frequency vibrations will make it rattle. So experiment with more rather than less smoothing.
    Min force, again I think you need some to get through the gearing and systems. By contrast an OSW can run no smoothing and no minimum force.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You may also want to check that your FFB isn't too strong, leading to clipping and stronger oscillations than necessary.

If you post all your settings (windows/profiler and in-game) it will also help point out anything wrong, if there is something.

4. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

5. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

Those are my current settings, these are mostly taken from other peoples workarounds on this forum that i found earlier today but it still doesn't seem to like it

6. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

Ive tried all sorts with the smoothing and it just seems to make it worse, the wheel will be sawing left to right all on its own as soon as i press race and the car is sat in the pitlane. Also revving the engine seems to make it even worse. Really quite odd, had g25 and g27 and never had problems like this (although this was with rf1 with these 2 wheels), never been lucky enough to be able to afford a belt driven wheel.

7. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Your minimum torque is too high, i never went over 2% when i had a G27 which is actualy the same wheel.

bwana likes this.
  8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I agree with above post. You may also want to turn your car specific FFB mult down, most mods (vehicles) only require around .85 or less. Too high a number here just causes clipping and will add to the oscillations.
    The smoothing is more for the rattles that you get from surface bumps, ripple strips and the like. Hope this helps you a bit.

mesfigas, Louis and bwana like this.
  9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i also have a feeling that you have to reistall the wheel drivers cause windows messed up
    maybe i m wrong
    try a full steering wheel drivers install mate
    also when the vibrations comes to your wheel?
    after you enter the track or after a few laps?
    are you sure you dont flatspot tires ?
    i have a thrustmaster T150 and i have always FFB multiplier at 1.0 and no matter how i raise the minimum torque even at 20% i have no really problem with the osculations.
    usually my problem comes when i use a car that flatspot tires easily :)

10. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

I had a G920 until recently. Logitech Profile same as yours (just adjusted steering lock based on car as rF2 does not auto do it). In game I had a Min Force of 0.5%. You need to set this for just before any oscillation starts when sitting stationery. Best for me was 0.5. Other settings do not make any difference to a see sawing effect. Pretty sure this will be your high Min Force. (as mentioned in earlier post)
    I think my smoothing was over 10 and FFB Multi on S397 GTE and GT3 cars was around 98. (personal preference).

11. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

So ive lowered the settings people told me to also reinstalled the logitech profiler to no avail, still getting uncontrollable shaking on straights, mid corner, under accelration in fwd cars im getting the wheel all of a sudden going hard in the direction i was steering before applying throttle.

And this is an rf2 only problem it works fine with every other sim ive got

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Perhaps not so much an rF2 problem, but rather an issue with your wheel and how forces are produced IN rF2. (but in the end, it doesn't matter since your wheel is producing undesirable effects).
    This may sound complicated, but once completed, you should not have to repeat it.
    There is a plug-in called pedal overlay. But it only works with dx9.
    So there should be threads here that describe how to switch over to an older version of rF2 that uses dx9.
    Also a thread how to use the Pedal overlay plugin to see if you are overloading your wheel.
    (hopefully more energetic users here will find those links. lol...)
    99% of users will wonder why/how such an involved procedure is necessary, but once completed the 1% that get their wheel working well with rF2 will have that big fat grin.
    good luck

13. jjcook

jjcook Registered

i did a few years in rf2 with a g25 - turn smoothing up - lower multipliers - dumb it down - save money , get a better wheel , the jerking and shaking never totally goes away until you get a different wheel and you end up losing out on feel by trying to take away the forces ...i made it work for a few years but it was never ideal....the belt drive wheels dont jerk around and shake as much , i dont have direct drive so dont know , but the Logitech gears cant handle the rf2 ffb properly ......not much you can do if thats your wheel but it wont ever handle rf2 really well ,people make it work but they are lying if they say it works great or just dont know the difference another wheel makes my t500 is way better for this sim

qusimano likes this.
  14. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

Well it seems i may have solved my problem. Instead of letting the game detect the wheel as a G29 i used a tip from a thread i found on racedepartment which said to load the Default G27 profile then just remap the buttons to my wheel and what would you know its worked, no seesawing, no ridiculous vibration and best of all no need to completely dumb down the ffb because it feels fine as default. Rather odd tbh seeing as the G29 and G27 are basically the same wheel just one has more buttons

Lazza and JimmyT like this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

:) Make sure you save the profile with a new name so you don't have to repeat assigning keys. Glad you got it going.

16. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

@Trebor901 Glad to hear you got it going, could you please update the heading in the thread to say "SOLVED" so anyone else having this issue can search the forum and see that there has been a solution. :)