Wishes, wishes, wishes ... relevant I hope !

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Oct 8, 2018.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Avalanche of wishes.
    Sorry for that, I did not create a thread when those wishes came to my mind.
    I must say that I am starting to be very happy with S397 and what becomes RF2.
    There are no criticisms, just wishes from a user probably too fan of RF2 .......
    I tried to write correct English, sorry if there are any errors.
    Do not hold your breath for reading ........

A) Best Sounds :

* All about the sounds of the atmosphere (outside the engine sounds : related to the cockpit and chassis, vibrators, damage, sand, grass, squealing tires, and everything else).

* Overall sound quality (the most detailed, suitable for high quality audio devices, ...).

*The most diverse sounds possible (if for example the sand or the "sound of damage" was not always the same).

The sound (not just the engine) has an incredibly important role, please do not neglect it.

Moreover, the sounds related to the various damages must be of quality (which is not the case) and especially must be systematic (which is not the case now either).

B) AI :

I deeply regret that is not planned a complete reconstruction of the AI: I think S397 makes a mistake for that.

C) Head Physics :

Recreating the Head Physics completely by doing something really ambitious and realistic, both for the screens and for the VR.
    In real life, the body and the head move enormously, much more than in any simulations :
    the eyes of the simracer must adapt as in real life on the screen, it is not the software to take the role of the eyes.
    In VR, except for those who have ultra realistic dynamic cockpits that allow to have a lot of G force, the software must reproduce exactly the effect of the centrifugal force on the body on the screen, the eyes of the simracer have to adapt as in real life.
    Head physics must bring maximum realism, immersion and sensations to the simulation.

D) Official cars up to date (Physics) :

Equipping 90-95% of ISI / S397 cars with the latest tire models, but also all the latest physics technologies.
    Possibly schedule an update at regular intervals (every 2 or 3 years).

E) Performance :

I have not seen any information at SimExpo about performance (I miss something ?).
    This is the worst defect of RF2 for the moment : I think that the 3 keys for a simulation of high quality are the global realism, the performance and the content (essentially car).

A new big update of the performance seems essential for me, and it should not delay. The first update of the performance was extremely late, and very disappointing for some hardware (old hardware like GTX 780 for example).

I think it would be useful to create standardized graphical profiles accessible by the UI, for example 9 graphical adjustment profiles accessible directly via the UI : if it is not the appropriate profile 4, then the user can quickly switch to 5 or 6 with confidence, and it will quickly get a good experience on RF2, which is not the case for many people today....
    I think that before improving graphics, S397 have to think about performance. Or both at the same time, but never forget the performance.

Also, the showroom must be changed and replaced by a showroom that loads almost instantly with a "good PC" (eg i7 4770K / 16 GB DDR3 / SSD).

Optimize loading times :
    Today the loading times are excessively long, even with a good CPU (i7 4770K) and an SSD, but also after a first initial loading and no changes in the graphics settings.

F) New UI

I would make few comments on this because it should have been done a year ago, the UI is almost out.

User Manual :
    It must be very complete and must appear at the same time as the new UI.
    Smart advice and very precise for the setting of the graphics is an important point. Indispensable for everyone, especially for new customers.

HUD :
    Make the new HUDs really ultra customizable, with many models that are also ULTRA customizable and editable.
    Users will spend maybe 3 hours configuring it, but after that they will simply have the best HUD available in the simracing .... it will be THEIR HUD, really created according to their needs and expectations.

G) Visual immersion :

* "Real" grass :
    Generated to all new circuits and at least Sebring (like Zandvoort), but I would prefer that S397 put "Real grass" to the old official circuits too, without urgency.

* Sky :
    In apparence, the clouds are lacking of volume (for me).
    More important than resolution (I think), giving an impression of volume would be desirable.

* Elements which dynamize the track :
    Well-made birds, planes and airplane tracks in the sky, expressive spectators even if they are motionless ("in action"), "track staff" much more diversified with some additional animations, flash photo of quality, etc......... In fact, take inspiration from the "blockbuster" video games that I suppose do some great things.

* Quality of the shadows :
    I know that it was considered (simexpo).
    Issues : aliasing shadows, their appearance sometimes too dark and not enough blurred, the fact that they are sometimes created late, frequent bugs.
    These problems make the shadows visually quite annoying when playing in Full HD (ultra/ultra - AA level 5) : only 4K resolution or a very high "sparse grid AA" allow to have decent shadows, but it is not possible because of the enormous losses of performances.
    This setting is one of the biggest killers of FPS too, but I know that shadows are dynamic, so I can understand.

* Reflections :
    They are in real time yes, but often they are at a rate of image per second much too low. This was not the case before the performance update (I think).

* Rain :
    The raindrops "in the sky" (I do not speak of the windshield) are not at all realistic (I think) :
    In real life, the drops are really almost invisible (almost transparent) in the vast majority of lighting circumstances (so not all the time).
    By the way, the drops are much finer in real life, but I do not know if you can technically do something, because many users play like me in full HD.
    Raindrops in the sky are embarrassing to drive in various circumstances (for example, night + headlights).

* Projections :
    The various projections must globally be much larger in Quantity/intensity and also improved a little bit in terms of realism (sand, earth, smoke tires,...).

H) Very specific and complementary Content :

* Hillclimb track/rally Asphalt :
    Just one !!! Buying may be at Dirt Rally, I do not know if this kind of thing is possible.
    A track of the type "Full - Pikes peak" with functional chronometer.
    OR
    This would be excellent :

Video doesn't work ?
    Here ---> https:// %%%%www.%%%%youtube.com/watch?v=obxe4EuSaUE without the "%".

* Track Rally (Dirt) :
    A dirt track or snow on the model of "Karelia cross" (Modder "Rastas").
    Just need One very well done, challenging (this is the most important) and not too short, and no importance if it is fictional !!

* Targa Florio :
    I would like S397 to reclaim the Targa Florio or use a T3PA, and that S397 significantly improve it in every way.
    I do NOT speak of making A to Z a 72 km track !!!!
    Just invest yourself to make this track the best possible, without redoing it completely, because it has incredible potential.

* Supercar (road car) :
    I know it's not in your plans, but a significant portion of your users also like road cars.
    So what I propose is just a Single supercar (a single), extremely well chosen, which is a reference, ultra-realistic (with real data, blablabla...).
    This could be for example a Ferrari F40 (Road configuration).
    What a pleasure it would be to drive a car like this in the most realistic simulation just One !

* Also get Original and Diversified car contents :
    If I take the example of automobilista : racing trucks, superkarts, rally/dirt cars, drift, road cars,...
    But what makes me happy for now is to see the diversity of car content of RF2 (and the awesome quality), continue like that !!!

I) Miscellaneous and less important :

* Choose the time (and maybe even the weather) directly in the garage.
    * Quickly allow all ISI/S397 cars to change the ABS and the TC In game/garage, in particular to be able to deactivate it (even if it is not possible in reality).
    * To be able to save a race more quickly and more easily.
    * Clipping tool ingame HUD
    * I think aquaplanning is extremely complex to manage ... I do not bother you with that, and you will in the coming months improve the realism of the rain (gooood !!!).
    Nevertheless in the meantime, can we "simulate" in a less complex way the reactions of the car when it passes at different speeds on the Puddles?

Thank you !

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  2. João Silva

João Silva Registered

I strongly agree with A.
    The sounds aren't as good as R3E for example. for example, skids, opponents engine, contact, are very poor in my opinion.
    When spectating other players driving, the engine sounds are horrid.

3. Stevy

Stevy Registered

D, D, D, D, D, D
    YES D!!!!!
    PLZ!!!!!!

4. torig

torig Registered

A - B - D - G very strong yes!!
    C - could be worthwhile

5. João Silva

João Silva Registered

the lack of activity on this forum is scary