No rain zones

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by jpalesi, Oct 29, 2018.

1. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Hi guys,

I have an issue with no rain zones. I created them in the past without problem, but now, I can only make it partially work.

First I created them the usual way, it didn't work at all.
    Then, I took one from a previously working track, it worked.
    So I copied it multiple times (without editing the geometry) on the track, it works for some, and not others.
    Editing the geometry to fit other objects is working even less.
    Thinking there could be a sort of limit of no rain zone objects usable (even if the pdf says otherwise), i tried to attach multiple working zones togethers, but it ruins the thing.

I have no idea how such a simple thing can work a few times, and after a few copies stop working. Of all the bugs I encountered, this is one I'm stuck with. Any ideas ? Thanks.

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I think there is a bug with rain zones. I haven't checked my tracks lately for that.
    The cars norainzone is bigger than the car now to get it to work.

3. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't solve it, but if it's bugged for the cars, there are good chances that it's bugged for the tracks as well.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

What do you mean by partially work?

5. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

It's as I said. I took one mesh that previously worked elsewhere. First test was to test only one zone, it worked.
    Second test, I copied it multiple times as instance to make sure they are strictly identical, it works for the first few, but not the others.
    I'm not seeing what I could possibly do wrong to explain why it stops working after a few instances, or why I can't attach the rain zones in one mesh, the way it's done at Indianapolis for example.

6. KittX

KittX Registered

try resetting xform just in case.

7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Are they far away from each other? Maybe it's loding out. Reset pivot and xform like KittX says.

8. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

I gave it multiple tries, but nothing solves it, I give up. Sometimes it works, and doing the exact same 30 seconds later doesn't work. I'll consider it bugged. Thanks for the suggestions !