Any Clio Cup racing?

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by BistoKid, Oct 29, 2018.

1. BistoKid

BistoKid Registered

I am fairly new to fF2 and it has become my go to sim. I really enjoy the Renault Clio and hoped to join a group that regularly use this preferably with stock setup to keep things close.

Would appreciate any recommendations, thanks!

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Not much has been happening with the Clio Cup cars lately, however it would help others if you said what days & timezone you preferred racing in. For instance, my preference is evenings in Pacific timezone (west coast USA), but since not much happens at that time, I'll occasionally attend one of the many races taking place about 6p London time (around noon my time).

3. BistoKid

BistoKid Registered

You are right...my apologies but thank you for your reply.

I am in UK and generally get on Monday or Tuesday evenings and Friday or Saturday evenings, both around 20:00hrs. I have a young family so I have to work around that.

4. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Sry, I don't know much about Clio multiplayer races. But yes, for me too Clio is one of the best modeled and simulated car in rF2. It's awesome simulated FWD (there are not many in rF2) makes it very special.

BistoKid likes this.
  5. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Not racing Clios at the minute but we have a small friendly group of mainly UK based sim racers who race on a Friday night quail at 7:30 and race from 8. We are currently using the S397 GT3 cars on the tracks used in the Blancpain series. No compulsion to race every Friday and if it’s not for you then no worries.

Register at http://sig-racing.boards.net/

6. BistoKid

BistoKid Registered

@vittorio Yes, totally agree with you. My only issue is that I cannot increase the difficulty any higher as I would like just a tiny but more of a challenge. The mod however is absolutely spot on!

7. BistoKid

BistoKid Registered

Thank you, I will certainly look at your site although GT3 is all I ever see online and I have to say I prefer the slower paced machines. Maybe due my ripe old age of 50... too much adrenaline may send me over the top! LOL

8. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

I wouldn’t worry too much about the cars being used we keep mixing it up. Recent series have had MX5, Peugeot 206 caterham 7s, Formula BMW etc so we dont spend too long on one particular car.

As for your age I’m two years ahead of you and I when I started online I was of the same mind and wanted to stick to a slow paced cars but I’ve opened my mind to other cars as time moves on and my experience grew.

We’re a really open group so happy to offer advice and share setups etc if you feel the need for help. You may make us all feel incredibly slow in which case can you share your secrets !

9. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Oh and the GT3 are on sale at the minute!

10. BistoKid

BistoKid Registered

I registered last night so I will be sure to come along. Thank you for the information, I run stock setups because I have not a clue on what I'm doing and certainly lack the time for testing!
    I assure you, I typically run toward the rear of the pack but hey... I still have fun!
    Thanks for the heads up on Steam Sale.
    Catch up with you guys soon.

11. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

No problems there are those that want to spend time on setups and those that don’t. We are more than happy to share setups or advise on possible tweeks to setups.

It’s a black art to most of us but we tinker.