CrewChief like integration in rF2

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by avenger82, Oct 11, 2018.

1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

With how complex the hybrid systems are in F1 for instance, there needs to be that communication.

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I thought the communication in F1 was more about massaging the drivers ego's when the driver complains "I'm faster than him, tell him to let me pass".
    Any sort of systems problem is answered with either "turn it off" or "box, box, box, we'll have to retire" windows 10 is updating
    ;)

3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I dig CrewCheif and it lets me get rid of the HUD completely. Its great as well since you can tailor it to talk as much or as little as you want. Of course thats not what you were talking about here so i'll see myself out, lol.

PS. we have CrewChief. No need to implement it. :)

JimmyT likes this.
  4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

It'd be best to have it enabled and just running out of the box. If it's not possible, then maybe post installation there should be easy option to install recommended plugins like CrewChief.
    Many users juge game by first impression and don't wan't to spend hours tweaking settings, installing third party plugins etc.

5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Could you please hold the door for me as well. :)

Alex72 and The Iron Wolf like this.
  6. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

3rd party plugins, useful as they may be, are usually not up to official standards for integration.
    This means they may be too large, too heavy, laggy, buggy etc.
    So they might either have to optimize the software before integrating it, something they are unlikely to be willing to do or
    develop a spotter from scratch , probably much easier and simpler and optimal.
    At the end of the day Crewchief has gone through so much development because it's a hell of a lot more than just a spotter, it's both a spotter and your race mechanic.
    Just the spotter will do.

7. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Turning off and turning back on again fixes everything. Don't you know? :p

JimmyT and ADSTA like this.
  8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

It's worked for Microsoft for years mate. ;)

Back on topic though, I kinda like Crew Chief as a separate entity. It's developers are very quick to respond to their users (out on a limb here with a saw in hand :eek: ) If you integrate this into the parent software it then becomes one of the MANY things in the list of priorities (busily sawing) and MAY suffer the fate of say, AI under full course yellow, and not receive such a speedy response? (finished with the saw and falling now :eek::eek: ) Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

British Telecom calls it power cycling :p

I admire S397s honesty with it though. "This is too good, use this because we can't beat it"

JimmyT likes this.