[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

:mad:

@DreamsKnight Grab the manual install archive, it's down the bottom of the first post. Looks like Mediafire is only blocking the installer, not all my files, so that one still works.

2. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Registered

i forgot links at the bottom. and i used them no more than 2 weeks ago

[​IMG]

sorry, thank you.

3. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Registered

by the way, a good guide about HOW to read and apply motec data? for example the suspension part is dark for me.

mixer61 likes this.
  4. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

Lots of webinars at the Motec site.
    Also, a lot of tutorials out there. Mostly, just a lot of reading, absorbing data, most importantly...understanding what is being read.

Application of the data is dependent on the end user.
    There's no one size fits all answer, imo.

5. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

11/03/18 23:29:06 Error creating file:
    11/03/18 23:29:06 .\\LOG\2018-11-03 - 23-29-06 - Botniaring Long w/chicane - P1.ldtemp

Cannot enable recording on Botniaring, tried reinstall of plugin.
    Problem only occours on the chicane variant of track. Character problem due to the "/" in the track name?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Launger I thought I put stuff in to cope with slashes, but I might have missed something. I'll take a look.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Update 0.79 (attached to first post, manual install archives also linked to):
    • Fixed track name correction so slashes etc don't break it (@Launger ). I actually did this for both car and track names ages ago but forgot to use the corrected track name...
    • Added an option to log to a track name subfolder (@d0nd33 ). This can be combined with the vehicle class subfolder option, or either one, or none. Off by default.
    • Added an option to only record log files when the car has moved, or left the pits, or a lap was started or completed. Default is car needs to move to create a log.
    • Cleaned up the fresh .ini file, config output, and fixed some of the changed channel groups not being referenced properly, so all the current .ini options are present.
    To see any new .ini options you need to delete/rename the existing DAMPlugin.ini so the plugin creates a new one. No automation on that, sorry.

Note: The 'Capture partial log' option isn't fully tested, especially for driverswap situations. I suspect it will work as advertised but you may want to stick to the default value (1, car moved) to make sure. Confirmation of other settings would be great though.

Let me know of any issues.

d0nd33, McFlex, ceecee and 3 others like this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Better late than never :D

The temps look fine to me, can see the FL temps spiking on right-hand corners, and FR spiking on left handers. It's definitely clearer when you set up Maths channels to average the Outer, Centre, and Inner temperatures for each tyre (would show basically what you see in the game HUD), but the individual temperatures also follow the same pattern. Your rear temps aren't moving around much, I'd say you have understeer :p

Be aware if you have the individual OCI temperatures showing, on the same graph there will be lines everywhere and it's easy to get confused, while if they're on different graphs they can get scaled differently and look different to what they really are (in comparison). It's also easy for the 'map' in motec to end up being a bit wrong; if you look at a log early on it draws the track based on your best lap in the log and sticks with that version, later you might have improved your lines in various corners and they won't line up correctly when you look at where your dot is on the map. If you go back to Tools -> Track Editor -> Generate Track when that happens, it will fix it up based on the fastest lap you currently have loaded.

Option D is you did break your i2 project and it's showing stuff wrong, but it seems unlikely for 1 car.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Thanks for looking into it for me, I guess I’m just reading it wrong lol, and yeah I had an understeer setup for that track, my skills don’t really lend themselves to an oversteering setup and I’m still learning how to balance a setup

Thanks again

10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks Lazza, new version works fine.
    Cheers.

11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

This is so great. I really wanted to suggest this feature but allways forgot to do so.

12. Jan Polak

Jan Polak Registered

@Lazza I know you said you don't plan on sharing the code because of the ld format not actually being open, but I would still have a question. Did you reverse engineer the format yourself? If not, any chance you have any links to resources that could help me implement it myself?

Thanks in advance

PS. If you don't want to discuss it here feel free to send me an email to me@polakjan.com

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jan Polak No resources, just the example log file that used to come with i2Pro. I knew the DAQ plugin of the time (rF1) had issues with recent i2Pro versions so I didn't want to use its logs at all.

14. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

@Lazza Thank you for the updates. I have another question: is there a way to have the time elapsed from lap start to current position? In other words, I know there is "Corr Dist" for distance, I'd like to have "Corr Time".

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@d0nd33 I haven't tried to produce a value for that before, it might be possible to use a function to subtract the "Lap Start Elapsed Time" (in the Scoring_1 group) from the current time? Can I ask why you want that value? It's really not something I've looked into before. (usually if there's a derived value that people find useful, there's a way to get it through i2Pro)

The backup option is to provide that value as a custom channel, which shouldn't be too difficult for me to do, so if we can't work something out I can do it that way.

d0nd33 likes this.
  16. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

@Lazza I was trying to replicate something like this: Time Variance Gain/Loss rainbow track map
    I did not remember "Lap Start Elapsed Time", I'm going to try it.
    Result: "Session Elapsed Time" isn't useful because it is not continuous but moves in steps of 1s, even though its sample rate is set at 50Hz and Data Rate = 5.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@d0nd33 Ah, I see. Good (bad) to see iRacers also go to Motec for support for their unlicensed plugin. :rolleyes:

It looks like a "Running Laptime" channel would do the job, as said there. Unfortunately as you've noticed, the game-provided lap start value is being logged at a higher frequency, which means you can better see where it actually changes from one lap to the next, but this takes away the opportunity to use "Up sampling" in the channel properties to interpolate. (of course, if I lowered the frequency you could do it, but then you're trading accuracy for precision. So that's no good either)

Let me just check over the available data and work out the best way to achieve this with the fewest number of extra channels.

d0nd33 likes this.
  18. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

Problem solved in #520

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Lazza likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I had to try and remind myself why the elapsed time channels are integers. I'm actually not sure. (maybe I couldn't see a use for them, and saved disk space...)

Would having the session elapsed time, and the lap start elapsed time, updated to 3 decimal places at their frequencies be sufficient? Or would you need something more?

20. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

@Lazza Nevermind: I realized that there is 'Calc Lap Time' in Tools -> Corrected Speed and Distance... that does exactly what I requested :oops: It adds a channel with current lap time, 1000Hz.
    I'd bump up 'Ground Speed' sample rate, so it can be used to calculate 'Corr Dist' with more accuracy.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018