Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Louis

Louis Registered

Here is a bigger vídeo. I dont know why isnt showing fraps fps count but it was showing (ingame) 26 when i started recording. 42 when stopped and drop a little on traffic, like i said before

caravan_driver likes this.
  2. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

I guess if you go to Fraps "Screenshots" tab and check "include framerate..." it will show up in recorded videos too.

But going back to frame pacing and stutters. Frame rate just won't do. You need the frame times with for example that Frafs method I told you.
    The FPS you see on the screen is not the same thing. Like explained here.

You can confirm that by running for example Rivatuner and displaying at the same time the FPS and the Frame times. The frame rate can remain locked while the frame times can oscillate wildly.

Louis likes this.
  3. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey guys what is your verdict on ACC? Still not sure about buying it. Has it a future or is it a one off with only a single championship and no modding possibilities... 25 € is not that much but I fear buying and then not playing it. I love rf1 and rf2 and I start to love AC for being modable. ACC though!?

4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I think it has a future. It's said they'll add other SRO series along the way, like Blancpain Asia and maybe others. I'm pretty sure they'll add DLC of some sorts in the future.
    Modding won't be supported but users are free to try so it's still unknown if we'll ever see mods in the game.
    Physics, FFB and AI, I place it somewhere between rF2 and AC.
    A few cons, triple screen is not native in UE4 so something to keep in mind if you're on triples and unless you have a decent PC, you will struggle with UE4. So far I'm not a big fan of the engine.
    Being still so early in development stage, it's hard to know what will improve or not, such as optimizations, VR implementation, AI?? but if you enjoy GT3 racing, the price alone makes it justifiable imo.

Dady Cairo likes this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Might be good, I doubt about being better than rF2 though, even if we would take variety of content out of equation. Personally I really liked first release handling, and how it asked concentration and felt natural, even if it possibly was just a bit on the hard side, though I doubt.

I was actually banned from ACC forums, because I liked R1 more than R2. After first ban I understood that I will not be accepted to like ACC R1 more than ACC R2 lol, so I just tried to discuss about perception of car feel, FFB, handling and everything not even touching ACC, and I got banned again, and for good. Mainly because fanboys attacked with phrases like "didn't read". I don't care about that actually, but I think simrcacing has to be about simulation in the first place, no doubt business is very important, but it can't be more important than the main idea, which is seeking for realism. In this case I have big doubts about Kunos, because they apparently prefer fanboys of a studio way over people who are truly interested about simulation.

I still think that ACC will be very good, but it is blocked as a sim by its own popularity which is pushing it towards project cars area as it seems to be its closest "neighbour". rF2 will remain best, I also hope that rF2 will become #1 in next few years. rF2 and Automobilista is worth much much more.

kimbo likes this.
  6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

also dont forget GTR 3 :)

7. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Ha Ha! You got banned from the AC forum..... oh wait... so did I.:(
    I thought banning was reserved for name calling, running down other sims, bullying or stocking?

But with that aside, I like to support the main sims.

Any chance they will add GT Legends to ACC?:)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I suppose banning can also be done if you are being bullied. So if there is bullying, then if you remove bullied person, then you remove bullying, simple :D

But yeah it is still a good sim. But I don't feel like there is much possibility for anything outside SRO there, and nothing more than Blancpain any time soon. rF2 will probably get to really good shape by that time, and Reiza will probably get something impressive... meanwhile iRacing will probablly charge same money for relatively same product.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  9. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

I bought it but I never play it. I just check the updates out of curiosity. But the game is only going to be complete next year so I think it is tricky to give an opinion.
    I think that was the secret behind the reduced price for EA. You gotta bet on it.
    The handling and FFB are worth it IMO. You may not like it but it has its identity and I don't think there is a big chance you are going to find it that bad like some cars in some games. Specially under rain it is interesting at this moment compared to other games.
    Edit: thinking about that I also purchased KartKraft and I don't think I'm going to play it again either. So... I think we are paying for what was supposed to be the demos.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Danny Wilde likes this.
  10. Louis

Louis Registered

Cannot help also. Didnt play it since last time i made the vídeo. Prefer spend time to play in rf2. At that stage of development is not really a game yet. But like others said: the price and what should become in future... or if you like to participate in development as beta user or to watch the progress

11. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I’m a victim of the hype, FOMO, and knowing that if it does turn out to be great then I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to pay full price for it when I could have had it at the Early Access price! I ran 0.1 for about 20 minutes before deciding I wasn’t going back from VR to using a single monitor. I have run 0.2 a bit more but don’t enjoy the two Mickey Mouse circuits released so far - once there’s a track where I can use top gear I’ll give it another go.

bwana likes this.
  12. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

I bought ACC from the beginning - but to the contrary of some I really dont feel confident about the physics/car behaviour.
    I drive with a wheel without FFB and to the contrary of both Raceroom, rF2, Gtr2, iRacing and nKpro :) I more or less dont feel any connection to the car on the screen.
    The cars are very easy to drive but feels some kind of "overdamped"/"over -aided" :)
    I mean on the 2 tracks published I can set reasonable laptimes but the driving feels completely unconnected to the car on the screen.
    I have to say that I own a FFB wheel(T500) but prefer my non FFB wheel(SRW-S1) - because I have allways felt FFB effects pretty artificial.
    But again Im not discussing FFB but only saying that for me the car behaviour in ACC is completely unrealistic(IMO)- and rather boring :)

13. Travis

Travis Registered

My biggest issue with ACC is that the UE4 graphics engine as utilised by Kunos gives me a headache after 30 minutes of seat time.

I have no issues with Hellblade and KartKraft both of which use UE4 although they are using earlier versions of UE4.

I have asked other people and a few have the same issue as me. Playing ACC in a storm in during the morning required welding googles to look at the screen.
    Project Cars and rF2 do a far better job of weather right now.

ACC is an early access release and thus I'm sure it'll improve over time; at present ACC looks like Michael Bay is making a sim!

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

ACC
    cocpit vibrations indeed causes headaches
    car reactions are almost lagging at least with my thrustmaster T150
    oversteer is pathetic and has no relation with reality
    i hope for a better future of this game

15. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

@Flaux
    I think this guy sums it up well

16. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

Sorry I will have to take all my critique of ACC back. :)
    It was based on the Bentley - that I still feel completely unconnected and without anything resembling a real car behaviour.
    Ok I have never driven an old London double decker bus - so maybe I shouldnt say "anything" resembling a real car.

But the reason I take all my critique back Is because I have tested the 0.2 Lamborghini.
    And eventhough I dont feel the behaviour is on level with the best rF2 and Raceroom cars then its very close.
    I still feel some dampening/delay in the car response to both steering input and curbs riding - but I also admit this is just the beginning of the development of ACC.
    Hehe so if as example iRacing dont come up with a useable tire model then ACCs Lamborghini does aspire to be my 3rd sim favorite at this moment.
    Looking forward much more positive than after messing with the weird double decker bus :)

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Differend day, different mood, different opinions.

18. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

I am in love with this simulator, the behavior of the car feels very realistic, the FFB transmits very well, the sounds are very realistic, the rain could be the best simulated ... Everything is at a high level.

I am eager to enter the online, in the next version we can try a simple version and in the future we will have the most complete online simulator.

MarcG likes this.
  19. Louis

Louis Registered

What about the last 1.9gb update? Im lazy as f*** to check

Sean_S36 likes this.
  20. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Nice looking Zolder track with bad AI and subpar physics and FFB compared to rF2 imo. Tried it for 10 minutes then launched rF2 and did a 35 lap multiclass race with the Norma :p

Danny Wilde, mesfigas, bwana and 2 others like this.