FPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dudo, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Dudo

Dudo Registered

Problems with fps

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

No problems with fps

3. Dudo

Dudo Registered

Will anyone order? How is it with GPU, CPU and fps?
    1. Mod Endu 397, MoSport track.
    If I'm offline myself, I have fps around 70-100. But the GPU works at about 30%, CPU 40%, low temperatures even occasionally shut down the fans. GPU consumption around 150 W.

2. at 20 bots fps will fall to 50, but GPU's power consumption remains low and fps does not increase.

3. Another mod, other track and everything runs full, GPU performance, consumption and of course high fps.

My pc:
    CPU -Intel Q 9550 at 2.83 GHz over-clocked at 3.9 GHz
    8 GB DDR2
    GPU - SAPPHIRE NITRO + Radeon RX Vega 64 8G
    MB - Assus 5 WS Pro
    source 750 W
    HDD-system Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
    Monitor LG 34 "Ultrawide 2560/1080

ps. For fps, you need to add about 30 fps for uploading videos via GPU Relive

4. stonec

stonec Registered

This is your problem. CPU core 1 is constantly at almost 100%, which bottlenecks your game. Make sure you have "aggressive threading" turned off in rF2 launcher graphics configuration page. But in any case, I would recommend a new CPU.

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I do not know the technical details, but the addition of AI is almost the worst thing for the performance of FPS (GPU) and lag (CPU). Driving alone can sometimes get 3 times more FPS than a lot of AI.

- Reducing the number of AI, the number of visible AI, the AI details are the best solutions.

- Also play at 12:00, no rain, no clouds, no mirrors if you are alone on the track.

- Also disable the shadows, AA level 1, and do what is recommended here :
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hoJy28ohnZ70-mJJQvMCqQ260LAmZJfO/view?usp=drivesdk

- But the best is the purchase of a fast CPU single core and PCIe 16X 3.0, minimum GTX 1060 6 GO.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

CPU -Intel Q 9550
    8 GB DDR2

There is your problem mate

he has a vega 64...

7. Dudo

Dudo Registered

Yes aggressive threading" have turned on. I know this cpu is old and I have to change it, but now it does not ... Unfortunately, the other kernels are probably nothing ...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  8. Dudo

Dudo Registered

I only drive online, so I need to solve it. I have fps around 70 to 200 online, so I do not see such differences in fps

9. Dudo

Dudo Registered

I plan to buy a new cpu, probably Ryzen 2700 x and 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM, but I currently have other financial priorities. so far it goes without a problem and even at start in the rain at about 50 fps with amd free sync it's ok
    I'm more concerned with why there are so many differences. Some high fps, somewhere not. If there was a total HW problem, then 200 or more fps would never happen.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

As I said, you need to turn aggressive threading off, not on. Aggressive threading on will use one core excessively.

Dudo likes this.
  11. Dudo

Dudo Registered

yes, I understand, I wrote that I was on. Now I've tried it, kernels are more evenly loaded. Well thank you.

12. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

look at the power save config of Windows, set to high performance while you game. Another thing is to turn of v-sync and cap the FPS to your monitor refresh rate, it s useless to run 200 fps if your monitor runs at 60Hz.

13. Dudo

Dudo Registered

I drive 11 years on line rf and rF2. I've got these things a long time ago. I have a free sync monitor so I use this technology in case of fps drop.
    I have started this debate because I can not explain the huge differences in fps on individual tracks and modes. I do not think I have a lot of fps and the GPU is working at 30%, and the CPU also is OK. I also have CPU priority ......
    Even with online races, I have the max fps turned on 90, the more I do not need it, it has unnecessarily high consumption

14. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

maybe your problem is the CPU/RAM-PCIe "speed", and they are bottlenecking your Vega64. I race online too at VLMS and VEC and i' ve "never" seen any frame drop like those on full sunny days. Anyway i'm not a technician (just an enthusiast) and i apologize if i'm talking bull****.

p.s.
    as far as i know if you run with the AI, the CPU has to calculate the physics of every car and this add extra load and maybe you're bottlenecking your GPU even more

Dudo likes this.
  15. Dudo

Dudo Registered

there's a problem somewhere. But I repeat and do not understand why sometimes it is ok and sometimes the problem is. If they were still low fps I understand that, it's somewhere bottlenecks

16. Dudo

Dudo Registered

ok, i understand this but i still have no answer to why in some mode and track i have fps i 250

17. Dudo

Dudo Registered

I understand that and it makes sense and answers to my questions. well thank you.

18. Dudo

Dudo Registered

it makes sense. and it's also feel from the experience of driving on rf2. Once you try rf2 and the way back does not exist .... :p

Alessio Feletto likes this.
  19. Alcolo

Alcolo Registered

CPU limited, bottleneck is hard.
    I always say that a i7 4790K 4 cores/thread OC at 4.5ghz is better than an i7 8700k stock 6 cores/12 thread at 3.7ghz.
    Although rF2 improve Hyperthreading, it 99% depends of a SINGLE CORE. We are far far far awy form Battlefield 1 which uses 99% of ALL cores.
    You can follow the story on race departement where a sim racer has switched from i7 4790k OC to i7 8700k and has worst performance : HAHAAHAH.
    rf2 = single core thread.

for the moment, the BEST CPU for gaming is the i7 8086K at 4ghz stock with 6 cores/12thread, but you have and you can easiliy OC it at 5ghz !!!! and for gaming like Battlefield 1 or 5 it's smooth like butter.