Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Hi yoss.

Now that you mention it, my default seat position was also unusually high.

When adjusting it, I also pushed the seat backwards until parts of the actual seat came into view.

Could the height be a leftover from adjustments in the previous version?

2. yoss

yoss Registered

hi Max
    what car did you drive ? because 799 where we adjust the view others car remain untouched on driving view

3. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

I noticed it when I entered the McLaren for the first time.

Do you want me to make a few screenshots with seat @ 0/0/0/0 ?

4. KittX

KittX Registered

I think there might me some misunderstanding: looks like he clearly raisen the seat or more likely his head position to make the issue appear more visible. I am not using VR regularily, but from my experience, being on normal position you tend to look at the apexes and stuff, even within the normal range of drivers/pilots reach, the view is always changing, and sometimes a tiny - not as big as on the screens - part of the gap between body panels can appear, and you still see the road through it. It can appear with simple looking to the side a bit, or tilting, as with angle changing and a bit of distortion unusual for monitor view - those parts can show up randomly.

5. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

An issue with the 854 rain tire has been identified. Somehow the front tires are causing the issue (which isn't present on cars such as the Z4...) so if the rear is set to rain and front to dry, it won't crash. Regarding VR, we don't have the equipment to test and Track IR or free camera movement in cockpit isn't causing an issue so we can't technically replicate it but we will check if there's anything with possible clipping planes at certain YZ camera positions. The Radical SRX (from S397) had the same issue though without VR, we will see if we can study the car or if it's encrypted.

We will test a patch for the tires and will release it as soon as possible. We will also include a Camaro update with the new liveries.

Max Dralle likes this.
  6. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Hi Just to be clear, I did indeed move my head to show the problem with parts not rendering in cockpit view.

This is not a normal driving position.

The swingman cams clearly show the parts rendering properly so it is the cockpit cam that needs looking at.

How much work and if it's worth the time to fix is obviously an issue.
    For me it's very immersion braking in VR.

Maybe something to get right in the new mod at least. There are lots of VR users in this forum who would be happy to check for these issues.

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  7. Louis

Louis Registered

This mod remind me Isi cars. Great ffb. Not easy to drive. And what they did in windscreen in rain adds a lot in imersion.
    Is the only mod this team works?

8. pascom

pascom Registered

Louis and Corti like this.
  9. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Great Mod. Thank You.
    Only drove the Porsche and had those "glowing" parts in the cockpit too like old DX9 mods under conditions (yellow tape at the steering wheel ie..). Using postproc. at low from the launcher.

10. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

To confirm what @TheMattyOnline reports I jumped in the Mercedes without moving the driver position and I can see the road through a small slot at the bottom of the windscreen. Also I've tried 3 or 4 of the cars in VR and they all have the view cutting into the roll cage as I move my head around as can be seen in the left picture he posted.
    head in roll bar.png

I find that more off-putting than the slot but that's only a minor bug in some fun cars. Thanks! :cool:

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  11. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Thanks everyone, we are going to address the under the bonnet visible road with the car. That update will come out with the Camaro liveries.

Regarding glow, it is something with the game. Maybe with a future graphical overhaul the glow (even in low post-processing) will be eliminated from all first and third-party content.

12. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

What do we call the files for custom helmet and driver. I used what I have been for other mods but these don't work. eg: alt345driver, alt345helmet. That is how I word it for other mods and it works. So could you let us know please.

13. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

One brief post to address a couple of comments scattered throughout the internet:
    We focused on completing our 2012 mod because, first, it was important to not only bring this chapter to an end but to close it with content that is very satisfying to drive and can be enjoyed - for free - by the community. There were many items we wanted to revise that were still present in v.96 and needed further development. Uncovering core game updates and making sure things functioned correctly also took time. A few leagues were relying on improvements to continue and it was important for us to deliver that quality we always intended. The improvement in experience from build .935 or even .96 to our 1.0 release is quite noticeable and an achievement given the time period, and sets a new precedent for what we will bring in the future. We care about completing our projects and will continue to do so with our 1999 Endurance mod, 2018/2019 GT3, 1970 Endurance, and more.

Because some of the work started early in rF2's life, we've uncovered some naming conventions that need updating. Thanks for raising this point, it is on our to-do list for our next update:
    • 854 rain tires
    • Revisit cockpit glow
    • Camaro liveries
    • SLS Bonnet see-through at extreme camera angles
    • Texture naming conventions on certain items/cars

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    avenger82, datasting, Korva7 and 13 others like this.
  14. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Hi I have just found a problem with only the Bentley. If you make a setup and save it all is ok until you go and change the tyre compound and It boots you from the game. Offline and online. And you can't get back to the track you got booted from. I have done a complete reinstall to fix the problem at first. Thinking it was my system to find out it is the mod. It only happens to the Bentley needs fixing asap.

15. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

More testing with other sim racers tonight. It is the rear only medium tyre compound that kicks you out. So soft, hard, rain are fine but medium on the rear only boot you from the tracks. If you like me save a setup you can.t get back into that track. So don't assign a setup for the Bentley until it gets fixed.

16. Pales

Pales Registered

Shots fired on URD ;)

VirusGR42 and DrivingFast like this.
  17. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Just a hint: if you delete the entry of the bentley, in the file FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal, that you can find in the folder 'Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player', you should be able to load the car again.

Paulfield likes this.
  18. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Thanks Bernd that fix it allowed me to get back into server. I have instructed our league of the problem hope it can be fixed soon.

19. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

We are happy to release the v1.02 update of the mod today! We listened and analysed the feedback received here and elsewhere (such as P1-Gaming and Kiwi simracing). Here is the v1.02 changelog:
    • Added missing 458 rain tyres and z4 s9
    • Closed gap on cockpit view in z4 and SLS
    • Debugged Camaro roll over and random CTD with some cars on s8/s9 tyres
    • Reworked light cockpit halo on SLS, z4, MP4-12C, 799, Camaro
    • Helmet and driver can now be skinned
    • Updated template file with driver and helmet templates

The download link is still in the first post. We will remain watchful and try to update the mod from time to time as needed though we are surely very busy in the coming months, more news to come ;).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  20. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Thank you, Apex!