[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

For the Predator's we presented the new visor with rain effects and also a revised liner.
    Also the GP3 will be updated for the effect and we'll upload also the NEW specific template to be used (WCEXTRA6). Above a couple of screenshots of the visor for 16:9 screens

20180924163735_1.jpg
    20180924163831_1.jpg

Of course we'll update also all personalized visors of real drivers...

2ndLastJedi, bwana, ede78 and 2 others like this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I'd love to see your visor in the official S397 cars ..... It's your hard work, I know, but I think it would be great for the RF2 community to have access to these visors in the official mods.

But it's your work, nothing on earth requires you.

It's just a suggestion and a wish ....... it would be a sacrament !

SLOWMOTION is really an amazing modder, as far as I'm concerned the best on RF2, thanks to you guys. You are indispensable !
    Good continuation.

Atsuki likes this.
  3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you mate. About the visor, I already wrote that we'll share with the community a pack containing all files and template to be used for allowing rain on visor, but the result is almost far from the real life and I think this is the reason S397 is waiting for improving the "official" mods, also if the result is the best we were able to do at the moment. Maybe in the future S397 will improve the rain effects and we'll see realistic visors that will allow rain drops of better quality.

Today the Predators mod is available with this latest visors, asap we'll release updated builds of the Palatov D4 and of the GP3 with new visors and finally the pack for free use with few advice.

4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Disbelief intensifies... :D

ede78 likes this.
  5. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Hello Slow Motion
    I loved your visors in mod GP3. But in VR I thought she was a little away from my face. It gives the feeling that the helmet is too big and is far ahead of my eyes. I changed the GMT of the visor, leaving it a little closer to the face and I thought it was better.
    I do not know if you have VR to test this, and I also do not know if others with RV agree with my choice. But I wanted to leave my feedback.

Thank you

6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

We haven't the device so we based on this video:
    But I could be wrong and I don't know if you can set the device... anyway I suppose there is both in the device/driver and in rF2 a default setting.
    If you want to help us, I'd appreciate if you can take 3 screenshots, 1 for each rain visor:
    1. BE SURE to have everything with default values in device + config files of rFactor2 (json...)
    2. select VISOR ---> ENHANCED RAIN VISOR: enter into the car and from cockpit view, please take a screenshot in VR
    3. exit and now select VISOR ---> 16:9 and do same with screenshot
    4. exit and now select VISOR ---> 4:3 and do same with screenshot

Please note that the current public build no longer allows rain drops on visor due to some changes to the shaders, so don't care for no or bad dark drops of rain... you can take screenshots in a sunny day!

Finally please feel free to post here the screenshots adding which are (rain / 16:9 / 4:3) and the device you are using. Thank you very much!

Obviously any other mate that would be of help can post his 3 screenshots: it for sure is of help... maybe there could be differences also between VR devices...

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  7. ede78

ede78 Registered

+1

8. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

I do not know if a screenshot will demonstrate what I say, because you will not have 3D vision. But I'll do it anyway and post here. I can also send you the changed gmt.

In this video that you posted, it is used in a monitor, so is perfect. The problem is that using VR, we have 3D vision and peripheral vision. This inner black edge of the helmet we see in the video (bottom) in the VR is about 10/15 cm from our mouth. I edited the GMT and put it closer to the face, making the 3D closer to the real.

This in my opinion got better, and avoided some motion sickness that I had with the visor farther away.

9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Okay... you can send files by email... I'll PM to you, thank you

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

After several attempts, for the moment we have taken the decision to do not develop specific visor for VR, because there are too many variable and different devices and settings that could behave in different ways...

...BUT...

First time of ever, SMMG is proud to present a new feature available in the incoming new build of the GP3 Series: the "tear-off visor"!

We know it is a real challenge to drive in the rain spray that intensify the rain itself, behind other cars... and it is what will happen driving the new build of the GP3 Series, but some rest for few seconds, thanks to the tear-off visor, will give a little help. Enabling the feature into the options of the mod, every "n" seconds (we are working on it) rain drops are wiped out simulating a tear-off visor like driver can do IRL.
    Asap we'll also release, free of charge, a pack containing rain visors and tear-off features, that modders can use to improve their OW mods.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

That's why you're an awesome modding group.

VirusGR42, avenger82 and mixer61 like this.
  12. zzigg

zzigg Registered

fantastic mod. maybe the best openwheel mod I've ever driven. I'd like to buy you a beer, but I do not know how. thank you

Corti and avenger82 like this.
  13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you, we are happy you like the mod and your nice words are the best reward to us.

The new build 2.23 is ready for public release and it will bring to all of you:
    - NEW Hi-Res visors that allow rain drops and new template
    - NEW "tear-off" visor effect
    - NEW personalized visors for a lot of drivers now in HiRes
    - revised windscreen for a better quality of rain drops

In the meantime (I need a couple of days for uploading the mod for manual download, thanks to the very fast DSL here, LOL), here is the link to the new template for the Hi-Res visor, that must be used for all classes in case you want to personalize it...
    NEW visor cam: https://www.dropbox.com/s/szjpnyfl55xix7s/GP3_RainVisor_template.psd?dl=0

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

New build 2.23 is out, first post has been updated.
    Thank you.

Corti, Magus, SRGP and 4 others like this.
  15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Slow Motion Your sensitivity about detail is really appreciated !

pkelly likes this.
  16. Andrea Sammartino

Andrea Sammartino Registered

Why inner temp are always low and outer temp are always too hot (with any camber setting)?

patchedupdemon likes this.
  17. babu76

babu76 Registered

I test it in a rainy day and i don't see the rear spray out of the car that i see with any other mod.
    It's only my problemi?

18. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I think so, because rain spray is managed by rf2 code. I never had this problem.
    For instance, activating the rain visor and driving behind other cars, is a real challenge due to the rain spray on visor!

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

You are right and we already discovered the reason, in fact same feature we added to the Predator's and the Palatov D4 works nice.
    Few more tests and I'll release a new build. Thank you.

20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I'll do some test asap and I already got some info from Mr.D and yes, changing camber should change inner and outer temp