[Release] Veh File Generator, with Microsoft Excel

Discussion in 'Modding' started by nurogize, Sep 17, 2018.

1. nurogize

nurogize Registered

This Microsoft Excel VBA macro utility, was constructed, as a way to partially addressing the challenge brought up in the following thread (link). The thread deals with trying to hold a single player race, when there’s not enough unique skins/veh files with different numbers, to hold a high grid race with cars of each class possessing a similar pace.

Many circuits in rFactor 2 have a pit spot limit of around 25, requiring 2 or 3 cars to share a pit if one wishes to hold a 40+ grid race. This utility gives users the option to automate the assigning of vehicle numbers, and pit groups. A text file containing the pit group order block, commonly seen in a track’s .GDB file, can be generated as well.

If a user decides to leave ‘vital attributes’, such as driver, class, or category, blank, it uses the existing value from the imported source veh file.

I’ve been able to successfully use this with the GT3 World Series and Enduracer 2.0 mods.

The 2 minute video gives a quick preview of the utility’s capabilities, but I advise users to read at least one of the included PDF guides (preferably the 2nd), and skim the other before using the utility.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/63c6bqmgrl8obqn/Veh_Generator_v1_0.zip/file

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Is this compatible with Open Office? (last time I used it, it was called Apache Open Office, not sure if it still is)

3. nurogize

nurogize Registered

Apache uses Basic, and will require modification. https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/BASIC_Guide
    I have uploaded flow charts and UML diagrams, here (link), if one wishes to convert it.

Mauro likes this.