No Terrain Effects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steven Luppino, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Steven Luppino

Steven Luppino Registered

RF2 has been missing the adjustments in the .tdf files for the tracks to let you customize the effects textures and settings on each of the terrains of the tracks, like you could with RF1, since it came out in 2013. I was wondering if we're ever going to have this luxury again with RF2. It seems to not be coming. Is there any news about this going around?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This belongs in the modding section, but which aspects of the tdf files?

3. Steven Luppino

Modding? This looks more like a game engine thing, some thing that was hardcoded I think heard. If you want to build a rally track with snow then you have to settle for a brown spray. It looks off on the replay. You can't fix this like you could with RF1. You just dropped in a white dustcloud.tga in the maps folder.

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Just to be sure, you are talking about devmode right?
    I think that it still works as in rf1 but i have not tested it.
    Try it with putting the textures that you want to use, into the same folder where the tdf file is.
    And when it works in devmode, just pack the textures in the same mas file as the tdf when you pack the rfcmp, it should work in single player too.

5. Steven Luppino

No, I already tried all that I could to get it to work. Nothing does. I was looking for a response from someone in the studio for more information. Thanks just the same.

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I believe it was changed when the particle system was re-done. I know you can't change the default particle settings, but maybe you can make your own.

7. Steven Luppino

You can try all you want, but nothing works. You just give up. How hard is it to fix the what particle system? Is it like hard on the graphics? It would be good for rally driving on the snow to have a white dust cloud.

8. Steven Luppino

and it won't have body dust build up or tyre dust anyway like assetto corsa has I guess it wouldn't be worth the trouble, but all you have to do to mimic the two effects is fix the skins.
    It would be nice to have more news about this particle system and if it ever will be fixed according to RF1 standards.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  9. Steven Luppino

Oh, come on! No news. Some of us take the time to devote our ambitions to these things. What is more than just a simple request, even if it was more for a dumbo like this idiot would think he could know why the damned thing won't fit.

Too much for the graphics or what? Yeah looks like it. Well just say it!

Nah.

10. Rastas

Rastas Registered

There are things more important than that,maybe in the future,but for now is not a BIG ISSUE,and please calm down bro ;)

11. Steven Luppino

Sorry, my mistake. Thanks guys.