Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1111 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Like the AC driver who reaches for the gearstick as the revs get near the limit - "Oi! Don't tell me when to change!" There's a whole new world of UI design out there now that we have VR, all sorts of "nudges" to be worked out, and all the nudges that seem like a good idea but don't work like second-guessing when you are about to change gear.

2. ennimann

ennimann Registered

Hi,
    after Dedi Update we have the old Build 1.1110, not 1.1111.
    Where is the Problem?

Here es the *.bat
    Thanks for help

EDIT
    Here ist the message:
    EDIT 2

Web2py was running. Sorry my mistake.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  3. ennimann

ennimann Registered

Sorry it don't work:
    Other Installations are ok. Only this one

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@ennimann I had this error the other day when updating servers, turns out when I shut down the server the .exe was still running in the background, check that the .exe has closed properly via task manager.

5. ennimann

ennimann Registered

Thanks, that was the solution.:)

Goanna likes this.
  6. wolftommy

wolftommy Registered

Hi Christopher, I should ask you for some clarification if possible;
    now I have the build 1117, everything runs smoothly except with the McLaren MP4 / 8 auto-shift, I don't find in the UI Garage setup the option to disable auto-shift;
    another problem, more important, the new UI continues to not work well, obviously I am referring only to the updated contents, in fact I have uninstalled all the mods that I had, but it continues to crash, the malfunction often occurs when you get to the window before entering the track , there is the window with the car and all the rest, options keys etc to start there are not, only a blank picture, and the application crash, with every new update I try it but still it does not go, in fact I go back to the previous GUI;
    last thing, can't uploads speed up? both the start of rF2 and then the tracks etc, why is it so slow in starting?
    however always a good job, thanks
    best regards.

7. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Are you running a custom UI?

8. wolftommy

wolftommy Registered

no no Christopher, to be sure to align both mods and the rest, since migration started, I have removed everything. I only have studio 397 products, that the new UI could have problems with outdated mods I understood it, that's why I removed everything, even if the modders are updating. The message was only to contribute, then when it is finally ready I will install it, another thing, if possible, I would replace the white background of the new GUI with the dark gray, and then the slowness in loading, but what does it depend on? my configuration is with SSD disks. thanks, a greeting

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think part of the long loading times are due to extracting compressed files
    CPU throughput may be more important than SSD access yimes.

10. wolftommy

wolftommy Registered

I agreed with this idea until I saw the loading times on a PC with one of the latest AMD creatures, they are shorter than my but still always long times compared to other sims.