Need some help please, gaming monitors rebooting

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by nipzon, Sep 17, 2018.

1. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I replaced/upgraded my monitors from 27” 60Hz to 32” 165Hz monitors connected to a single GTX1080ti via three DP cables. Didn’t have any problems before but straight up after connecting the new monitors, the three at random times goes blank and after a few seconds comes back on again. Only one monitor at a time would do this.
    After some research I decided to up my EVGA 850 to a 1000W hoping that was it, but no.
    Then yesterday replaced the three DP cables with same results connecting to DP1/2 of the monitors.
    I have also tried running the monitors at lower frequencies all the way down to 100Hz.

My question is will the GPU in nV surround loose a signal to one monitor and not the others? Is my GPU on the way out? The GPU runs at about 40-50deg while racing, and on default settings.
    Could it be the monitors?

2. ekki

ekki Registered

I had this problem using only one monitor and it was only resolved by not using the USB back port. Even just the mouse plugged in would make the monitor go black, sometimes several times a lap. Running everything through a hub connected to a front port and it's all been sweet. I guessed there may be a firmware update for the motherboard but never followed up.

3. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I tried running some USB’s thru a active hub which brought up other issues.

I see the card has a Display Port-1.4 *3 (Max Resolution: 7680x4320 @60 Hz), so if I try to push 5760*1080 @165Hz, is that asking too much from the GPU.